Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Some Harsh Criticism For Nyjer Morgan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Would it not be nice for the Cards to need one last out to win this thing ,have a 7 run lead and Morgan is the last guy up.
DRILL BABY DRILL!
icon_twisted.gif

braden

Aug 7, 2008
That's stupid. If that were the case then why didn't Pujols have a career night in Game One? Because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Pujols had a great night because he's one of the best players ever (and because Marcum has seemingly fallen off a cliff). One of the best players ever playing on a huge stage doesn't need extra motivation in the form of a two month old tweet.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
braden said:
That's stupid. If that were the case then why didn't Pujols have a career night in Game One? Because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Pujols had a great night because he's one of the best players ever (and because Marcum has seemingly fallen off a cliff). One of the best players ever playing on a huge stage doesn't need extra motivation in the form of a two month old tweet.

I agree, but it's interesting to see a national peice echoing the sentiment on these boards about Morgan.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
braden said:

Also dont forget that Albert is a GREAT player wanting his much desired contract. Huge games in the playoffs and a title will go a long way in fixing this.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Nyger Morgan is pathetic. Baseball players are getting more and more cocky, had someone said stuff like Morgan or acted the way the Brewers do their carrers would be over. How many times did you see Cal Ripken Jr badmouth another player? For the Brewers in general have you ever seen someone like Ripken point at a camera after a HR? What is this beast mode crap they do, it is childish games is what it is. They are professional ballplayers, yes baseball has been called the childs game but c'mon it has got to stop at some point, even Brandon Phillips has matured a little bit.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
braden said:

Agreed, like Pujols really needed some clown to get motivated. "I think I'll nail this NLCS game in- NYJER MORGAN SAID WHAT?!?! :twisted: "

TheFlyingDutchman

Mar 28, 2011
Iowa
PujolsCollector said:
Nyger Morgan is pathetic. Baseball players are getting more and more cocky, had someone said stuff like Morgan or acted the way the Brewers do their carrers would be over. How many times did you see Cal Ripken Jr badmouth another player? For the Brewers in general have you ever seen someone like Ripken point at a camera after a HR? What is this beast mode crap they do, it is childish games is what it is. They are professional ballplayers, yes baseball has been called the childs game but c'mon it has got to stop at some point, even Brandon Phillips has matured a little bit.

I like how nobody called out the D'Backs for the little snake thing they did in the first series. I think it's good for the game, a small market team that hasn't been to the World Series since 1982 and likely the last few weeks that this group of guys will ever play together, who cares. The game has changed so much in so many aspects that it's not even fair to ask if Ripken would have done this or if Ripken would have done that. The players are having fun and they're bringing fans to the ball park. Do we really want to start mandating things like this?

The Third Eye

Aug 26, 2008
The Fox Valley
TheFlyingDutchman said:
PujolsCollector said:

I like how nobody called out the D'Backs for the little snake thing they did in the first series. I think it's good for the game, a small market team that hasn't been to the World Series since 1982 and likely the last few weeks that this group of guys will ever play together, who cares. The game has changed so much in so many aspects that it's not even fair to ask if Ripken would have done this or if Ripken would have done that. The players are having fun and they're bringing fans to the ball park. Do we really want to start mandating things like this?

Yes, baseball should be more like golf. That will help the sport. No more dancing around home plate after walk offs, no more high fives or chest bumps, all that stuff is just pathetic and childish. Players should just be robots.

I hope you guys are thankful that Nyjer is around, who would you bitch about if he wasn't a story?

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I used to watch Nyjer Morgan play in the Hawaii Winter League back in 2006. Same league as Ian Kennedy, Joba Chamberlain, Fowler, Mayberry, Young, Schierholtz and tons more current young MLBers.
Morgan was a completely different person back then.
I went to about 20 games, and he was always friendly, never acted out against other teams, liked talking to fans, always signed autographs and didn't stand out at all as the ******* he is now.
Maybe it was the laid back attitude of being in Hawaii, or maybe he's changed, but I'm surprised at how he's acted this season and I've lost a lot of respect for him.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I don't pay a whole lot of attention to him, but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it's all just a gimmick. He's got the attention of people and people are looking to him to see what will happen next. If the guy who wrote this article wrote it about someone else, would this have even been mentioned? It probably wouldn't have gotten any at all. Though I do find it annoying, I think this is his "thing" and his baseball persona, similar to what Deion Sanders did in football.

Just my $.02.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
PujolsCollector said:

Have you ever seen someone like Ripken admire every single home run he hits or every double for that matter. cough cough Albert

You can't complain about something petty like pointing at the camera after a HR when you have one of the biggest offenders on the team you root for. No one admires a double to center field quite like Mr Pujols.

To respond to your post ,baseball is a game it is supposed to be fun and the Brewers just aren't afraid to have fun.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Crewfan82 said:
You can't complain about something petty like pointing at the camera after a HR when you have one of the biggest offenders on the team you root for. No one admires a double to center field quite like Mr Pujols.

Because Fielder and Braun never do that...

But that argument could go on forever. People on every team do that, no matter if they are regarded as classy or morons. Ripken showed class. Morgan is a moron. Pretty sure that was PujolsCollector's point.

And if Morgan had these antics on my favorite team, I would still think he is an idiot--funny, but still an idiot.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
This article doesn't get written if last night went differently. So some writer having the same petty hatered for Morgan and waits until it's safe to write this article somehow validates the OPs hatered. Got it.

At least Nyjer makes it easy to troll for things to get upset about...

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Crewfan82 said:
PujolsCollector said:

Have you ever seen someone like Ripken admire every single home run he hits or every double for that matter. cough cough Albert

To respond to your post ,baseball is a game it is supposed to be fun and the Brewers just aren't afraid to have fun.
I hate Pujols when he watches the ball like that......something that he denies by the way. At his hitting clinic his exact quote is always "I never watch the ball after I hit it." 3 times I have heard him say this, planning on having a picture of him watching a HR signed think he will inscribe it? lol. Baseball is a watered down version of the original game, the players are pussified to the point they are scared of the ball and scared of retaliating. Stuff like admiring those HRs would not fly with guys like Koufax, Gibson, hell even Nolan Ryan would have probably retaliated. If baseball was like it was before there would be none of this crap.

sbfinley

Mar 23, 2011
I can completely understand Brewer fans standing up and defending their guy. That being said, as a baseball fan the act in Milwaukee has grown old and annoying. Their attitude and statements are turning what should be a great baseball story for a small market into a joke. We get it that you have Andy Kaufman playing CF. Congrats. At the end of the day he is nothing more than Jon Jay except for he talks a lot and has a lot less potential. The fact the Prince Fielder has openingly acknowledged that he probably will not be back next season should speak volumes about the future. Enjoy the success that you have had this season, but don't be so offended when the rest of the world doesn't warm up to your "feel good" story.

Members online

Latest posts