Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

miguel cabrera is the 2nd best hitter in baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
ive been around, just not as much as i used to

boston is pretty depressing lately with the sox and all and no nba season, kenmore square just isnt the same
although everyone is happy about the bruins, im just not a big hockey fan
pats are doing good, but they arnt in boston

how you been?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Looks like the 2010 MVP and the runner up are going to squabble.

Is squabble a word? Did I use it right?

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Sam Banks said:
miguelcabrera said:
[quote="Sam Banks":2s3qjsod]
miguelcabrera said:
Sjrmn91 said:
Definitely top 10, maybe top 5, but not #2.

maybe top 5? name me 4 better hitters currently besides pujols

He's good, but not number 2.

whose number 2 then?

Yadier Molina?[/quote:2s3qjsod]

ha, good one, he has not done anything since his homerun at shea in 06

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
miguelcabrera said:
Sam Banks said:
miguelcabrera said:
[quote="Sam Banks":1uj46war]
miguelcabrera said:
Sjrmn91 said:
Definitely top 10, maybe top 5, but not #2.

maybe top 5? name me 4 better hitters currently besides pujols

He's good, but not number 2.

whose number 2 then?

Yadier Molina?

ha, good one, he has not done anything since his homerun at shea in 06[/quote:1uj46war]

He actually has, but that's okay. Miggy's good. I just don't see him as set in stone #2. I think it's debatable.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Looking at a combination of current production along with past performance, I'm not sure that there's anyone better than him than Pujols. Lifetime batting average of .317 along with solid power (average of 30 homers a season and 40 doubles.) Averages 180+ hits a season, over 100 runs and roughly 115 RBI per season. He's improves his K/BB rates to where he walks more than he strikes out. He's also been extremely durable, and has posted the two best seasons of his career in the last two years (both down years for hitters across the board.) His adjusted OPS+ (taking into account the seasons when he played and the level of offense in those seasons) is third highest among active players, and that is behind Pujols and Manny, who is obviously not much of a hitter these days (it remains to be seen if he actually ever plays again.) In fact, his OPS+ has actually been higher than Pujols the last couple of seasons.

Not sure who would be considered better than him at this point in time other than Pujols. Braun maybe?

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
I think he is the best pure hitter in the game. He is phenomenal. Can drive the ball to any field. Can hit for power and average. He is an incredibly unique talent and only getting better.

Members online

Latest posts