Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

When Patch Faking Goes Wrong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrtowles46

Jan 11, 2009
there was a patch fake the other day that i saw that had a hockey allstar patch, or something related to hockey, in one of those cards. when will they stop, haha

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
jrtowles46 said:
there was a patch fake the other day that i saw that had a hockey allstar patch, or something related to hockey, in one of those cards. when will they stop, haha

Walker.jpg

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008
Whats wrong with it? It looks legit, like it was just made.

I LOVED when the Rockies won the Stanley Cup, that was a hell of a series with the Minnesota North Stars. Took my breath away.

Walker.jpg

one_worsley05.jpg

/sarcasm

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
The sad thing is, the current seller with only 20 feedback probably picked it up at auction and thought he was getting a sweet card. Obviously it's fake, but from his feedback, it'd be easy to think maybe he didn't have the experience to know. Now he's trying to sell it and at least he admits the huge defect in it from whoever put the fake patch in it. I'd bet he wasn't shown that view when he bought the card.

.....or I'm completely wrong and he's a patch faker and a complete idiot for further proving it with a side shot of the card :p ......as if the patch on the front wasn't enough :lol:

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
WoundedDuck said:
The sad thing is, the current seller with only 20 feedback probably picked it up at auction and thought he was getting a sweet card. Obviously it's fake, but from his feedback, it'd be easy to think maybe he didn't have the experience to know. Now he's trying to sell it and at least he admits the huge defect in it from whoever put the fake patch in it. I'd bet he wasn't shown that view when he bought the card.

.....or I'm completely wrong and he's a patch faker and a complete idiot for further proving it with a side shot of the card :p ......as if the patch on the front wasn't enough :lol:

That was my thought as well. Which is why I said can the seller really be that dumb. I don't think he is a patch faker because of exactly what you pointed out. I just think he is really naive and a rookie.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts