Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

'69 Deckle Edge Set Quest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I saw these cards go for cheap, and the checklist is fairly small. A complete set w/variations sold for about $60, so this set will be a quick finish and very affordable. I was intrigued by how the set is designed as well.

I plan to have this mainly completed by Christmas. With my '58 set, I haven't been scanning the cards. This time around, I will scan every card individually as I receive it.

Also, every set I pursue will be a raw set. I will not be buying ANY PSA or BVG cards. With this set, I may PSA/BVG (authentic) after I complete it.

I need help with variations so if someone can PM/Post a list, that would be fantastic.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
The very first set I ever owned. Parents gave it to me when I was 12.

25 yrs later, I still have it. Cards are in amazing shape.

Good luck with putting a set together. Should be fun and inexpensive.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Very easy set, I used to put the Topps set together often back in the early 1980s to resell.

The tougher cards are the black autograph Canadian ones made by O-Pee-Chee.

ie.
75.jpg

1969 O-Pee-Chee Deckle Edge (black sigs)

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
The O-Pee-Chee's might be fun as a long term project.

The first time I saw a deckle edge with the blue sig I thought it was actually signed :lol:

Does anyone know the variations on these?

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
the O-Pee-Chee set is smaller at only 25 cards in set, no variations, NRMT raw commons book for $2.50, HOFers $7.50-$12.50, Mays $25, Clemente $30, set $160
(PS the Topps set is complete at 35 dif (inc. 2 variations), set NRMT books for $80)

The O-Pee-Chee cards are far scarcer than the extremely common Topps cards, and some so called advanced collectors have no clue there are 2 types...

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
fkw said:
the O-Pee-Chee set is smaller at only 25 cards in set, no variations, NRMT raw commons book for $2.50, HOFers $7.50-$12.50, Mays $25, Clemente $30, set $160
(PS the Topps set is complete at 35 dif (inc. 2 variations), set NRMT books for $80)

The O-Pee-Chee cards are far scarcer than the extremely common Topps cards, and some so called advanced collectors have no clue there are 2 types...

Ha wow. There is a clear difference in the cards.

I got the first one in courtesy of member Bornagaincollector. I need to PM him and thank him, and I will get a scan up in the next couple days. It's Rick Monday.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I have decided against scanning until I get the entire set complete. I got 12 cards in today courtesy of an FCB member.

Ron Santo
Luis Aparicio
Willie Mays
Willie McCovey
Bill Freehan
Tom Haller
Pete Rose
Roberto Clemente
Mel Stottlemyere
Tommy Helms (x2)
Willie Horton

The Aparicio is cool because it has a pinhole and a previous owner taped the top over the hole. I kinda like stuff like that.

Members online

Latest posts