Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Annual Prospect Lists Now Live (2012 Edition)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
Nice list thanks for doing it.

A couple quick quesitons:

Can you explain why you put Jedd Gyorko at #8 in the Padres system? He had a great year and I've seen him higher on Baseball America's league lists.
Where do you see Neftali Soto in the Cincinnati Reds organization? He doesn't have position flexibility at 1B but he did mash 30 HRs as a 22 year old in AA.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jared said:

Can you explain why you put Jedd Gyorko at #8 in the Padres system? He had a great year and I've seen him higher on Baseball America's league lists.
Where do you see Neftali Soto in the Cincinnati Reds organization? He doesn't have position flexibility at 1B but he did mash 30 HRs as a 22 year old in AA.

SD's system was stacked, tough to rank some guys. Gyorko clearly looked much better in the CAL than AA so far, want to see more from him first.

Soto was one of my final cuts. Great power, not a whole lot more yet.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Jaypers, thanks for doing a list.

As a prospector, I like to look at as many top overall prospects and team prospects lists that I can. So I enjoyed going through your team lists-and I have to give you props because you could have easily waited until the BA team rankings come out, and kind of use that as the foundation for your lists. But you put yours out well before, so I think that is nice to see. Good stuff man.

Aug 7, 2008
Maryland
Jaypers said:
Jared said:

SD's system is stacked, tough to rank some guys. Gyorko clearly looked much better in the CAL than AA so far, want to see more from him first.

Soto was one of my final cuts. Great power, not a whole lot more yet.

Great list. SD is scary deep!!!

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Easy now big fella. I got a sharp object in my hand.......don't wanna pop that big ego of yours.

Really? Asking for thanks? Lame.

~~~~~~~~~~~

on a side note, thanks for the input as usual. Makes my job easier trying to get back into collecting stuff.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
blanning71 said:
Easy now big fella. I got a sharp object in my hand.......don't wanna pop that big ego of yours.

Really? Asking for thanks? Lame.

But...but....I just wanna try to catch up to JoshHamilton's 483.....is that so wrong? ;)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
MallCopKJ said:
Why Barnes and Bradley above Ranaudo for the Sox??

No one seemed to know who Ranaudo was this year. He certainly wasn't the guy who dominated prior to being drafted. Wondering if the injury is lingering. But I think he'll rebound next year.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
Nice to see Candelario so high on the Cubs list. I'm excited to see what he can do next year.
Overall great lists and very helpful. Thanks!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
padremurph said:
Great lists, glad to see the Padres in the top 3. Why didn't Rymer Liriano make the list?

He was literally # 16. Great speed, great tools overall. I'd like to see him replicate it at Lake Elsinore first. San Diego's system was the 2nd hardest system to narrow down to 15 for me (Toronto being the first).

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Hey J.P.:

Great list and well appreciated. One question though, I didn't see Nick Ramirez of the Milwaukee Brewers on the list. The kid had an early promotion after being drafted this summer.

Thoughts?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
hoopster3977 said:
Hey J.P.:

Great list and well appreciated. One question though, I didn't see Nick Ramirez of the Milwaukee Brewers on the list. The kid had an early promotion after being drafted this summer.

Thoughts?

Performed great in the hitter's haven known as the Pioneer League, but struggled after his promotion. Good power, but doesn't have other above-average tools. Need to see more from him in the MWL. #16-20 range for me.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
padremurph said:
Great lists, glad to see the Padres in the top 3. Why didn't Rymer Liriano make the list?

Know what? After my last post, I did some more reading and I've reconsidered. Just swapped him out with Fuentes. Liriano's potential warrants it.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
JP - Do you think the M's can give Arizona a run for their money as far as top pitching rotations are concerned with Hultzen, Taijuan Walker, Paxton and Campos?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
SeattleSports said:
JP - Do you think the M's can give Arizona a run for their money as far as top pitching rotations are concerned with Hultzen, Taijuan Walker, Paxton and Campos?

Yes, but not as soon as AZ. They've got a head start.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Jaypers said:
padremurph said:

Know what? After my last post, I did some more reading and I've reconsidered. Just swapped him out with Fuentes. Liriano's potential warrants it.

Thanks for the insight. Yea, Liriano had a monster year at FW. He's struggled at LE when he's been up so hopefully keep the momentum going into next year.

Latest posts