Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are eChecks usually legit through paypal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
I sold a card lot on Ebay and the buyer paid with an eCheck. Paypal sent a message that said I should wait 3-5 days until it clears before I send the cards out. I have never even heard of one before this and dont know anything about them. Also, the buyer only has a PO Box listed as his address for shipping. Am I protected sending to a PO box? Can I do DC on that??

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, just wait till it clears then send out as normal. The E-Checks are fail safe once they clear. You can DC the PO Box

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
topprospectalert said:
Yeah, just wait till it clears then send out as normal. The E-Checks are fail safe once they clear. You can DC the PO Box

Good stuff man, thank you!

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
The only downside is the wait.

I like eChecks... if the item is cheap enough I'll ship a day before it clears so they get the card quicker.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
They are fine, just wait like they say because they can "bounce" just like a normal check. Once they clear in the 3-5 days, you're good.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Today was the 5th day and it still didnt clear. I called paypal and was told "it can take up to 2 weeks".....Seriously?!

zep33

Aug 24, 2008
Cape Cod, Mass
E-checks suck - Yes they can bounce and yes the sender can cancel them right up to minute they clear. And yes they can take 2 weeks or longer to clear if the sender has insufficient funds, the clear date can keep changing. Not worth the hassle to save a few cents on fees.

Only good thing about them is the lack of fees on high dollar items and that's if you want to wait for it to clear

Never, ever ship before it clears

Members online