Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I love Donnie Baseball but I wish this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
They should have just left it at Ruth instead of putting pieces of tape on the card, on the back no-less.

Whats the point of that when above the Ruth it says "Generations of Signatures"? ::facepalm::

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Musial Collector said:
TBTwinsFan said:
They should have just left it at Ruth instead of putting pieces of tape on the card, on the back no-less.

Whats the point of that when above the Ruth it says "Generations of Signatures"? ::facepalm::

Umm... maybe calling it something else before putting it packs? ::facepalm::

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
Musial Collector said:
TBTwinsFan said:

Umm... maybe calling it something else before putting it packs? ::facepalm::

Because I am sloooooow in my old age, let me see if I follow:

So the concept of Upper Deck Trilogy is Generations.

Upper Deck says, hmmmm....lets put Ruth in it as the name Ruth on a sell sheet tends to help a product sell. The Yankees have a storied tradition, dating back to 1903, where there are "generations" of great Yankees. How about we put a Ruth auto (historic/past generation) with Mattingly (beloved/semi-past generation) and Jeter auto (demigod/current generation) and call it "Generations of Signatures".

You're idea is to call the card "something else" in a "Generations" product or to totally scrap that Yankees "Generations" concept (I personally love the idea of that they used 3 Captains of the Yankees of the "Generations", did you not catch that)? Or is it to leave the Ruth as a solo auto card, if so, what would you call the card, what would be the point of it?

Members online