Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sold a redemption - emailed the code - help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
I sold a redemption on ebay from 2011 BC for a 60th anniv. auto and I had spoke with the buyer back and forth for a while and with there 10,000+ feedback at 100%, I agreed to email the code. I immediately scratched the code and emailed it to the buyer and they wrote back saying I must have given them the wrong code as it says the code is invalid. Now I'm getting the buyer paranoid thinking I'm scamming them and I'm paranoid thinking they are scamming me! haha, has anyone ever had this happen in a brand new product where the code is invalid right away? Not really sure what I do at this point, any advice?

trolea1234

Aug 7, 2008
I'd tell the buyer that I'd ship the redemption to them an let them
Fill it out an mail it in

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
Same thing happened to me. Tools just hasn't uploaded the code into the system. It happened in marquee triple threads and chrome. Have him call tools customer service and they will tell him.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Anyway you cut it, e-mailing the redemption is a very bad idea because there is absolutely no way you would win a PayPal dispute if they open it.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
SydBarrett said:
Anyway you cut it, e-mailing the redemption is a very bad idea because there is absolutely no way you would win a PayPal dispute if they open it.

This

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
SydBarrett said:
Or you can email him the code (which you did) and then ship him the redemption card with DC.. and you should be covered.

STHendricks

May 3, 2010
MN
Casebusters said:
SydBarrett said:
Or you can email him the code (which you did) and then ship him the redemption card with DC.. and you should be covered.

do this.... otherwise you will lose the PayPal dispute

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Casebusters said:
SydBarrett said:
This is a bad idea also; the buyer can just say that the code didn't work and was scratched off when he got it, and if your rebuttal is that you scratched it off and e-mailed him the code all he has to do is say that that code didn't work then either, there is no tangible goods being exchanged with a redemption. I'd rather not get into the details, but there are so many loopholes in redemption cards and eBay it's just ridiculous, that's why I prefer to sell my redemptions that I get on message boards to people I trust.

Members online