Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FAKE BOWMAN AUTO HOSMER CODE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

koal

Aug 7, 2008
bought a hosmer redemption and seller emailed the code. of course the ***** sent a fake code. how do you explain this to paypal? name is d* d*. ebay ID z* BEWARE OF THIS SCAM ARTIST

koal

Aug 7, 2008
can dinabbs help here? at least see if this dude redeemed it himself?

koal

Aug 7, 2008
nah, wasnt him. i will post his name and ID if he doesn't send card.

koal

Aug 7, 2008
to save shipping. yeah not worth it now since i got a good chunk of coin tied up

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Buy it for $120 or so.... and now for $2-3 more you save this headache and you think he is a scammer.

Ive done it with cheaper redemptions... but still paid the shipping and left the feedback right away once the code worked. But for $100+ card... better to complete the deal like normal. Saves a ton of headache on ur end.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Why is it that every product topps makes has redemp codes which aren't valid when that product is released?

Can it REALLY be that hard to do things right w that company?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Hold one everyone......don't derail this thread and jump on the OP and even the seller here. It seems that the codes are not working on Topps end. I remember this happen just after they started the Diamond and million card giveaways

To the original poster.....keep the sellers name off here until you have concrete proof you where scanned.

As for Dibnabbs or what his name is. That USED to work for Topps someone posted a few weeks back he left the Company. I think.away.

jdk16

Mar 29, 2011
why do we have this topic every week,
2 reasons topps releases a new product every week and they never have the codes ready to be redeemed for at least a full business week.. Im sure a search will turn these same threads up somewhere.. Be patient Im sure the code will work in a day or two.. Check Topps Twitter account they will update there first a lot of times

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I posted this in another thread, the more people that see it the better.

E-mailing codes is a very bad idea; the buyer can just say that the code didn't work and was scratched off when he got it, and if your rebuttal is that you scratched it off and e-mailed him the code all he has to do is say that that code didn't work then either, there is no tangible goods being exchanged with a redemption. I'd rather not get into the details, but there are so many loopholes in redemption cards and eBay it's just ridiculous, that's why I prefer to sell my redemptions that I get on message boards to people I trust.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I'd think at the moment you have the leverage in the situation.....Seems the only chance a seller ever has at winning a case is worth concrete proof an item was delivered. Even if he tries to use messages to prove his case (that he provided a code) the way Ebay/Paypal seems to work I'd bet on things working in your favor.
I'd imagine at this moment the Seller is also feeling totally screwed.

Looking at the other responses - seems there's a good chance it's a misunderstanding due to a Topps error. I'd probably request the actual redemption and then hold off on feedback and marking it as received until I know the code works. Or just hold on to the code - see if Tops fixes the problem......if not, as I said above you can probably get them to side with you if he never actually ships the card. Hope it works out for you.

Members online

Latest posts