Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My World Series Game 1 experience.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
So, here's a little bit about my World Series game 1 experience.

I worked Sunday night when the Cardinals clinched. I got home from work was talking to my wife, while I was taking a shower, about the two of us driving to St. Louis to be in the city for game one. We didn't have the money for the tickets, but I wanted to be there for the atmosphere. She's talking to me about it, saying that was alright, asked me if I had any friends I wanted to invite and whatnot. Well, I get out of the shower and I check my phone. I have an e-mail from her mom. I open it up and it says "Early Merry Christmas" and it was two SRO tickets to Game 1 of the World freaking Series!!! I couldn't believe it. I wish I could have seen my face when I opened the e-mail.

We had went to game 3 of the NLDS when Carpenter pitched. It was awesome. I paid $57 apiece for those tickets. The World Series tickets cost $232 apiece.

Well, we get into St. Louis. I was so excited. I couldn't believe I was going to be able to go watch my favorite sports team play in game 1 of the World freaking Series!!!!! The NLDS game was my first playoff game, now this was my first WORLD SERIES game!!

I hadn't really thought too much about anything other than being able to go to a World Series game. The hoopla surrounding all of it didn't really register with me. But when I walked up to the ballpark it really hit me.

One of the first people I see when I am walking to the gate to go in was my favorite baseball player of all time.....Aaron Boone!!!!!! I talked to him in passing, and it was awesome. That's when it really hit me. When we went in, there were uniformed military and secret service all over the place. People on the roof of the stadium. The had all of the networks set up on the field. I went down there. Boone was there, Kurkjian. Then I went over to where Chris Rose and Kevin Millar were airing their show, and Millar threw me his hand warmer. Harold Reynolds and Al Leiter were over there too. Right when I got down there Motte was out there with all the fans, and his dad was there too. He was yelling at Millar and Rose that his dad was in attendance.

The game was awesome. Just totally intense. Yadi got the loudest ovations all night long.

After the game, Mike Matheny walked right by us, in the middle of all the fans, like it was nothing for him. We went back down on the field and watched them set up for Baseball Tonight. Talked to Berman, Ozzie Quillen and Bobby Valentine for a bit.

So, pretty much, after experiencing the awesomeness that is a World Series game, every other baseball game from here on out is ruined for me, haha.

I am still in amazement that I was able to attend. I love my Mother-in-Law.

WorldSeries001.jpg

WorldSeries003.jpg

WorldSeries004.jpg

WorldSeries006.jpg

WorldSeries010.jpg

WorldSeries018.jpg

WorldSeries020.jpg

WorldSeries021.jpg

WorldSeries022.jpg

WorldSeries023.jpg

WorldSeries025.jpg

WorldSeries054.jpg

WorldSeries051.jpg

WorldSeries039.jpg

WorldSeries037.jpg

WorldSeries029.jpg

WorldSeries060.jpg

WorldSeries064.jpg

WorldSeries072.jpg

WorldSeries075.jpg

WorldSeries077.jpg

WorldSeries112.jpg

WorldSeries096.jpg

WorldSeries114.jpg

WorldSeries125.jpg

WorldSeries128.jpg

WorldSeries130.jpg

WorldSeries131.jpg

WorldSeries133.jpg

WorldSeries136.jpg

WorldSeries143.jpg

WorldSeries150.jpg

WorldSeries151.jpg

WorldSeries157.jpg

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Congrats dude!

I'm really envious that you've been able to attend not one, but two playoff games this year. And both wins! I still haven't been to a playoff game. The picture with the beer and the scoreboard is awesome, haha. That Superman dude is an odd character. Pretty sure he just walks around St. Louis to pose for pictures. My sister got a picture with him a few months back.

I've come to really like Amsinger from MLB Network too, the dude's a St. Louis native and you can tell.

I think you mean the NLCS, btw. Carpenter didn't pitch Game 3 of the NLDS. :p

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
That 's great Sam ! I was in St Louis last year great stadium and fans . Really glad to see you drank a beer for me since i can't being on meds :lol: :lol: :lol:
Still pulling for Rangers since local minor team is Rangers

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Awesome

I'll do a similar writeup for game 5

Remember when I called you last night? It got way more interesting after that. I can't get in to details on a public forum, but I will say this - my tab was $116. Im pretty sure that was all by myself

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
JoshHamilton said:
Awesome

I'll do a similar writeup for game 5

Remember when I called you last night? It got way more interesting after that. I can't get in to details on a public forum, but I will say this - my tab was $116. Im pretty sure that was all by myself
I miss those times -------------------------not the tab :lol: :lol: :lol:

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
mother-in-laws are awesome. mine doesnt know crap or really care about baseball but pop in law is sick and when i am over there here lately she alway be asking "when does the game start? put the tv on the channel of the game".
i hope all of us cardinal fans and fans in general have mominlaws like ours.
great pics and writeup, you had me almost there dude, thanks! :D

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
MacK said:
Congrats dude!

I'm really envious that you've been able to attend not one, but two playoff games this year. And both wins! I still haven't been to a playoff game. The picture with the beer and the scoreboard is awesome, haha. That Superman dude is an odd character. Pretty sure he just walks around St. Louis to pose for pictures. My sister got a picture with him a few months back.

I've come to really like Amsinger from MLB Network too, the dude's a St. Louis native and you can tell.

I think you mean the NLCS, btw. Carpenter didn't pitch Game 3 of the NLDS. :p

Yes yes yes. It was the Brewers in the NLCS, duh. Carp vs Yovany.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Congrats man, an experience like that is so worth the money, I went to a world series Yankee game and had a blast as well, sick atmosphere.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
next 1000 times your wife pisses you off you need to suck it up and say yes mam (if it wasn't for her, you likely would not be gifted by the mother in law).

next 10,000 times the mother in law pisses you off, you need to suck it up and say yes mam (If it wasn't for her, you likely wouldn't have gone).

If the money involved is more than you would be willing to throw away (which should be any more than $100), you should remember that between the 2 of them they knocked something off your bucket list.

Members online

Latest posts