Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT: What does the word "scam" truly mean?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Yahoo is my home page and I was just browsing around. I came across this article:

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/118748

I found it interesting as, personally, I do not see how it is a scam. They have no evidence that the company has yet to pay someone for their stuff. Like everyone, they are trying to get the cheapest deal they can. There is nothing wrong with it, regardless of what they ask. They have been paying their customers on time, from what it seems. Chances are that if people are going along with their service, they do not know the value of jewelry real well and do not feel like going to a pawn shop.

Another thing is that, in the end, it's the person's choice whether or not they want to accept that offer. They aren't being forced to do anything. If they wanted to scam, they probably would not have added the option of waiting until the check gets cashed and, also, telling people to make sure their items are insured.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Any company that spends 99% of their advertising budget on TV ads shown during Matlock and Murder She Wrote reruns is probably trying to scam consumers

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Before that article, I had no idea that businesses tried to turn a profit.

BTW, did Obama write that article?

Members online

Latest posts