Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Howie Kendrick Makes a Kid Cry.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Maybe if Kendrick was the batting champ he was supposed to be I'd care...but it's just Howie Kendrick.

This is a perfect example of why people should leave athletes alone and stick with TTM.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
What would be cool is if all the fans across the nation banded together and boycotted a years worth of games. No fans in attendance at any game, team function, etc. A quick reality check of where their salaries come from would do some good to deflate their egos.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
The mother had a point, in the time he refused to sign, he couldve signed twenty. Just sign the dang card and move on!

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
It happens. I'm sure the kid will go on to tell all his friends that Howie Kendrick is a ******* (he seems like one if only going by that article), but it's still his right to refuse. A little harsh? Yes, but as I said, it's his right.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
I dont get this........

The lad's mother Shelly Meagher told Radar, "Howie and his family had been living next door all season and we had been respectful and had not bothered him or his family until the morning he was packing to move.”

and later........

The outraged mother and crying child returned home to tell the boy's father about the episode, who then drove past Howie Kendrick's home yelling out the car window, “I hope that makes you feel good, making my eight-year-old son cry. You have kids too, I would think you would never want someone to do that to them!"

You live next door to him... yet you have to drive past his house to yell at him?? ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Something doesnt add up.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
There is WAY more to that story. Who ever ran to the paper with the story sure likes to sugar coat things while slightly telling the truth.

"Kendrick's was a very unfriendly neighbor who never made an effort to befriend anyone in the neighborhood choosing to ignore all who made an attempt to be sociable."

Then why would you send your 8 year old to get something signed if you knew this? And it was not just this child it was also someone with a camera who now wanted pictures. For all we know the entire neighborhood where jerks to him and his family, maybe he was fighting with his wife, maybe there where 20 other people behind this 8 year old. Maybe his neighbors sent out his address to a few TTM sites and he is bombarded with stuff. Its his right to be left alone at home, and if he was such an unfriendly neighbor I am not sure why you would set your child up for this.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
cmnkb8 said:
It happens. I'm sure the kid will go on to tell all his friends that Howie Kendrick is a ******* (he seems like one if only going by that article), but it's still his right to refuse. A little harsh? Yes, but as I said, it's his right.

Like I said, take it with a grain of salt. It only from one person's point of view.

The parents could have easily over exaggerated.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
The father should have taught Kendrick how to swing a bat with a demonstration of some wood to his kneecap. The guy obviously doesn't deserve everything that comes with being a pro ball player if he can't sign for a kid, so he deserves to have it taken away. This, of course, assuming the story is true the way it is written.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
P_Manning 18 said:
I dont get this........

The lad's mother Shelly Meagher told Radar, "Howie and his family had been living next door all season and we had been respectful and had not bothered him or his family until the morning he was packing to move.”

and later........

The outraged mother and crying child returned home to tell the boy's father about the episode, who then drove past Howie Kendrick's home yelling out the car window, “I hope that makes you feel good, making my eight-year-old son cry. You have kids too, I would think you would never want someone to do that to them!"

You live next door to him... yet you have to drive past his house to yell at him?? ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Something doesnt add up.

It was probably a very upscale neighborhood where each home has acres of land, so the "neighbor" could've been a half mile away on the other side of the hill.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
P_Manning 18 said:
I dont get this........

and later........

Something doesnt add up.

yeh i dont understand this either

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
cmnkb8 said:
P_Manning 18 said:
I dont get this........

and later........

Something doesnt add up.

It was probably a very upscale neighborhood where each home has acres of land, so the "neighbor" could've been a half mile away on the other side of the hill.

possibly, but if you care that much get out of the car and say it to his face

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Card Magnet said:
The father should have taught Kendrick how to swing a bat with a demonstration of some wood to his kneecap. The guy obviously doesn't deserve everything that comes with being a pro ball player if he can't sign for a kid, so he deserves to have it taken away. This, of course, assuming the story is true the way it is written.

They are entitled to nothing but acting like adults. They could have easily walked up to him without the kid and the camera and asked. He would have said no and then they could have told the kid he was busy maybe later, and go buy him a signed ball or card. No crying involved. But that wouldn't make a good story when you run to the media.

But no they are entitled to an autograph because they lived near him? Its obvious the whole neighborhood knew he was there and not social and I am not sure why that would change when he is packing. Kid or not its his private time. Is it a bit ******'y sure, but the man is home on his property with his family. Maybe his kids cry when their father has to pay attention to other people who want him to sign things and pose for pictures. No one knows the full story.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
hoopster3977 said:
I really dislike autograph stalkers. :evil:

Same here. They are the reason most athletes refuse to sign. Tools bringing backpacks to games, full of items they want to he signed. Most often just to flip these items on Ebay. Them and the douches who harass a player for some sort of game used item.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
hoopster3977 said:
I really dislike autograph stalkers. :evil:

This kid was not an autograph stalker, although the argument could be made that one of his parents (or another relative or friend) could have put him up to it. It actually almost fits the bill.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
One of the reasons I love Ripken so much. There is so much more than what you do on the field.

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
Card Magnet said:

Most idiotic statement of the day and we're barely halfway through it. Do you have any idea how many graphers "hire" kids to get their crap signed? Obviously not based on your ignorant statement. While he could have handled it better (if the story is accurate), he doesn't owe that family or anybody else anything. The entitlement of some people is RIDICULOUS.

Didn't click the link, but I was reading about it a couple of days back that the family members literally started blowing up Kendrick on Twitter talking trash. Cousins, friends, uncles, whatever....they were just harassing him for not signing and taking a picture w/ the kid.