Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shipping to Canada help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
Just sold a card and the guy is in Canada. He's willing to pay for USPS Express with tracking and sig. Anyone ever have any problems doing this? Are there better ways to send it? It's a high end card (over $1k). How much should I expect to pay? Thanks.

Zach

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
i've used usps global express a few times on high enders to canada myself, zach. probably 3-4 times? went well if i recall

i think i paid like $30+ though.

dave

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Probably within $25-30. Put all the insurance on it.
See if he'll pony up for some type of express (2-3 days).

pghbuccos may have an idea as well, he sends me lots.

jdk16

Mar 29, 2011
Nikobaseball said:
Just sold a card and the guy is in Canada. He's willing to pay for USPS Express with tracking and sig. Anyone ever have any problems doing this? Are there better ways to send it? It's a high end card (over $1k). How much should I expect to pay? Thanks.

Zach

if you ship just as you described you will have no issues

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
jdk16 said:
Nikobaseball said:

Zach

Thanks
Are there any taxes or customs charges that I have to pay?

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
USPS EMS (or EMI, Express Mail INternational) does NOT have signature confirmation.

http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usps/r ... e:embedded

As you can see from the link, international mail is ineligible for Signature confirmation. You can have the recipient sign a postcard known as a Return Receipt, which does not provide any electronic record of signature, but instead will be mailed back to you. As far as I know, Ebay/Paypal will not accept a Return Receipt as proof of signature since they require an electronic record.

Just an FYI.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Nikobaseball said:
jdk16 said:
Nikobaseball said:

Zach

Thanks
Are there any taxes or customs charges that I have to pay?
Nope you do not, but the buyer may.

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
not everyone is a criminal.
cmnkb8 said:
USPS EMS (or EMI, Express Mail INternational) does NOT have signature confirmation.

As you can see from the link, international mail is ineligible for Signature confirmation. You can have the recipient sign a postcard known as a Return Receipt, which does not provide any electronic record of signature, but instead will be mailed back to you. As far as I know, Ebay/Paypal will not accept a Return Receipt as proof of signature since they require an electronic record.

Just an FYI.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Thumpersports said:
not everyone is a criminal.
cmnkb8 said:

Just an FYI.

No, but the OP asked if there could problems if he used EMI, and I pointed out there certainly could be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts