Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Valiant vs. Leaf Metal...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
...with Valiant coming, and a per auto cost of about $9-10 per, with 10 autos per box... and Leaf's auto cost of about $15 (for 6 autos per box) along with a similar checklist...

What do you, the market, think will happen to the Metal auto prices, as well as the Valiants? An overall softening of both?

Will one stand above the other?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Those with cards not found in Topps and Panini products will stand out above the rest, in both products.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
right now I think the Supers and Reds are the only cards people will be jonesing for once the BC hits. I think the Blues and lower tiers for Metal will be well below BC prices based on initial pricing so far.

I think the Gerrit Cole BC Blue Ref Auto will be a 80 to 100 card and it is numbered out of 150 while the Leaf blue numbered out of 25 will only be a 50 to 75 dollar card.

The supers and red leaf metals will maintain current pricing IMO.

I think Valiants will be worth more just because of the better design.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Thought it may be ripe to give this post a bump.

Thoughts now, that checklists are...

[youtube:3s2p4qjd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2nuPVTU4Z4[/youtube:3s2p4qjd]

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
The Metal market has softened since release, I don't expect Metal prices to decline much further.

I think Valiants will do well out of the gate as initially, at least to me, they look really nice.

They'll soften some once other draft products start hitting as well.

That being said, that kind of reception, then cooling is not much different from any other draft type product in the market.

Members online