Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Again, this is why I detest Topps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chicuse

Mar 17, 2010
Chicago, IL
I only player collect a few players, one being Alexei Ramirez. Last year, I stocked up on his A&G on card auto redemptions (about 30), and his 2010 TTT auto redemptions (about 20, including 1/1s).

After over a year of waiting, I received the first round of my long awaited Alexei Ramirez Ginter Auto redemptions! I open them up, and what do I see?

2008 Topps Finest Jed Lowrie autos with notes from Topps saying blah blah, we couldn't get your auto in time.

I'm disgusted, fed up, and have one question.

If they DO obtain the autos in the future from the player, will they still send out the original redemptions?

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
chicuse said:
I only player collect a few players, one being Alexei Ramirez. Last year, I stocked up on his A&G on card auto redemptions (about 30), and his 2010 TTT auto redemptions (about 20, including 1/1s).

After over a year of waiting, I received the first round of my long awaited Alexei Ramirez Ginter Auto redemptions! I open them up, and what do I see?

2008 Topps Finest Jed Lowrie autos with notes from Topps saying blah blah, we couldn't get your auto in time.

If they DO obtain the autos in the future from the player, will they still send out the original redemptions?

Unfortunately, no. Instead, they'll be used to fulfill other unobtainable redemptions.

wickedliquids

Feb 4, 2010
chicuse said:

Actually, there is a chance they will.

I pulled a Cat Osterman Auto Redemption from 2009 Ginter and submitted it - after months and months, they ended up sending me a Mary Lou Retton auto instead. I was not thrilled.

Then a month and a half later, I saw on someone's blog, a Cat Osterman auto. I emailed Topps and sure enough, they got her to sign and they were shipping them out.

I got mine two weeks after I emailed them.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not defending Topps, because you shouldn't promise something you can't deliver, however: since the autographs from the same player are missing over 2 products, wouldn't Alexei be partially to blame? And I would have to think that he gave Topps SOME indication he was going to sign at some point, then just didn't.

fugazzi

Aug 7, 2008
SoCal
one more rant to this topic - had an orange refractor Darin Mastroiani chrome auto on redemption and got the email about not obtaining his auto in time so I asked for a replacement and was assured replacement would come from bowman chrome family of cards. Package arrives from topps and the replacement is a base bowman sterling Mike Leake auto!?!?!? i understand mastroiani doesn't sell for much but it's still an orange refractor version.

ugh, no more topps redemptions for me if I can help it.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
If you did not ask for a replacement send them back. If they are not going to issue these at al you need to get something that will fit in your collection.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
hive17 said:
I'm not defending Topps, because you shouldn't promise something you can't deliver, however: since the autographs from the same player are missing over 2 products, wouldn't Alexei be partially to blame? And I would have to think that he gave Topps SOME indication he was going to sign at some point, then just didn't.

Never ever players fault. We all know Alexi has been waiting for 2 years to sign for Topps. If they would just get him the cards he would have done it years ago. I'm sure him and his people have been calling Topps everyday to get those cards in for him to sign. Stupid Topps. Don't ever defend Topps or any card company on here. It's always their fault. You need to get the FCB Duckies and Bunnies card world memo people live in here asap. Rule #1 in Duckies and Bunnies world on FCB, it is always Topps fault. Players are never to blame.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
fugazzi said:
one more rant to this topic - had an orange refractor Darin Mastroiani chrome auto on redemption and got the email about not obtaining his auto in time so I asked for a replacement and was assured replacement would come from bowman chrome family of cards. Package arrives from topps and the replacement is a base bowman sterling Mike Leake auto!?!?!? i understand mastroiani doesn't sell for much but it's still an orange refractor version.

Did you send it back?

I would love to get some of the autographed Darin cards. In fact, I passed on buying the 2011 non-autos because I was waiting for the autos.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
fugazzi said:

good to know - I have one of those pending too. I will not request a replacement!

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
HAHA you think thats bad......i had 2 redemptions for JERSEY CARDS. no auto or patch.....just JERSEY CARDS..... Hope they come thru for you.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
It costs topps a lot of money to make the ginter cards including the windows for those cards, they would just rather
give out replacements. That just makes more sense money-wise for topps. Hope you understand.

Kevin

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I'm not defending Topps or their redemption program (screwed me hard last year) but I think sometimes it really is just the player. The OP described two different sets, I would assume that Alexi just isn't keeping his end of the deal here. Doesn't excuse the ****** replacement though.

I literally today got my 2010 Red Hot Rookie #10 auto, redeemed about 13-14 months ago. I don't blame Topps for this one, clearly Wallace was being difficult.

Members online

Latest posts