Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

redemptions for JERSEY CARDS?? wtf Topps....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
When 2011 Tribute 1st came out, i pulled a redemption for a JERSEY card of Jim Palmer. they finally shipped it a week or so ago. why in the hell would you need a redemption for a jersey, especially of a RETIRED player??

next up i bought a redemption for a topps 60 dual jersey of bob gibson and adam wainwright /60. it was QUICKLY (within weeks) replaced with a 2010 sterling bat card of tim lincecum /10. I wasnt satisfied, so i called for an explanation. I was told Topps didnt have a contract for them and they wouldnt be producing the card, and to make it up they would also send me packs of 2011 heritage minor league. a quick ebay search revealed a 2011 topps triple threads relic of gibson/wainwright/carpenter....... WTF. although it wont get me anywhere, i will be filing a complaint with the better business bureau. ::facepalm::

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
i traded a similar dual-gu Topps redemption;
and they also got the Lincecum replacement (quickly).
Weird.

Of course, even though i traded mine;
i never got the trade i was promised ... ::facepalm:: UGG!

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
cmixer said:
i traded a similar dual-gu Topps redemption;
and they also got the Lincecum replacement (quickly).
Weird.

Of course, even though i traded mine;
i never got the trade i was promised ... ::facepalm:: UGG!

ouch. i bought mine at the local shop about 2 months ago. got it for around 15 bucks. i too have been burned by dealing here. it happens. im out 80 bucks ::facepalm::

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I always get a chuckle when people threaten to go to the BBB. Topps doesn't care, they have an F rating, but could
sell ice to an Eskimo. Heck they can even sell cards that don't exist yet (etopps) and make a ton of money on those!

You don't stay in business for 60+ years being nice.

Kevin

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Complaining to the BBB never gets anywhere. How about complaining to MLB? They gave Topps the sole license to the logos and people weren't happy with that, so maybe bombarding Selig with the joke that Topps is with this stuff will help get guys like BG a licence.

Members online

Latest posts