Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you buy an ALTERED Pujols Chrome auto?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Lets say you have a chance to buy a Pujols Chrome auto in a BGS holder but its labeled Altered (Beckett says trimmed) does it still have value? Is is a $50 card, close to regular price? Would you buy it?

Wes

OG
Administrator
MallCopKJ said:
Lets say you have a chance to buy a Pujols Chrome auto in a BGS holder but its labeled Altered, does it still have value? Is is a $50 card, close to regular price? Would you buy it?

There's a right price for everything. It's a lot more than a $50 card IMO.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
alifaxwa2 said:
MallCopKJ said:
alifaxwa2 said:
Totally depends on HOW its is altered. Without knowing that, little good advice can be provided.
Beckett says trimmed.
I would if its the only way I could afford it.

I want it, its just what price would be good to pay is giving me a hard time. Granted the card im talking about isnt a Pujols chrome its kind of another sports equivalent to that card.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
When is all said and done Pujols stat will rank in top 5 of all time. The chance to own rc auto trimmed or not is worth every penny. Even the rc auto alone is worth $150 IMHO. Add to his future accomplishment people will have to buy one for all time great player.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
BE CAREFUL:

Some of the Pujols slabbed altered RC's are due to autograph being traced/resigned/etc.... I would have beckett examine the exact card rather than take the sellers word for it..
BG

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Leaf said:
BE CAREFUL:

Some of the Pujols slabbed altered RC's are due to autograph being traced/resigned/etc.... I would have beckett examine the exact card rather than take the sellers word for it..
BG

I appreciate that and hope people take notice because I know thats a major problem for people buying those Pujols.

The particular card I was talking about was a Tom Brady Contenders Autograph /100. The guy wanted $2K for it.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Leaf said:
BE CAREFUL:

BG
Yeah, I would buy it if it was trimmed, but definitely not if the auto was traced over. Of course, it wouldn't be worth the full value if trimmed but would be a more affordable way to own an iconic modern day card.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
MallCopKJ said:
Leaf said:
BE CAREFUL:

BG

I appreciate that and hope people take notice because I know thats a major problem for people buying those Pujols.

The particular card I was talking about was a Tom Brady Contenders Autograph /100. The guy wanted $2K for it.

Since the regular non-trimmed BGS graded cards are going for $2,700 to $4,500..

It might be a good buy..

If I wanted one for my PC, then having it slabbed would be good..

Good luck,

Members online

Latest posts