Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Another Ebay Seller to avoid.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Ebay ID: jdbrave

I won a Jonathan Toews (hockey player) jsy card from him about a week ago. Ships to me in a PWE. Card arrives just fine, however, I did not realize I was being charged $4.50 shipping for my card to be sent in an envelope. Now if shipping was only say like $2.50, then normally I would have nearly as much of an issue with it, but to charge me $4.50 to ship something that cost less than a dollar to mail to me, is beyond ridiculous.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
LLWesMan said:
Generally if the card was fine and better shipping wasn't specified you're not going to win many arguments since the cost was known before bidding.

Thanks for the response. I am not really trying to win any arguments, just wanted to make others aware of this seller's practices. If I knew I was getting the card in a PWE I would prob have stayed away from the auction. I just think that if I am paying $4.50 in shipping, more should be expected than just a plain envelope.

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
gonzagacubs said:
LLWesMan said:
Generally if the card was fine and better shipping wasn't specified you're not going to win many arguments since the cost was known before bidding.

Thanks for the response. I am not really trying to win any arguments, just wanted to make others aware of this seller's practices. If I knew I was getting the card in a PWE I would prob have stayed away from the auction. I just think that if I am paying $4.50 in shipping, more should be expected than just a plain envelope.

I can agree with you, $4.50 shipping deserves more than a PWE.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
LaneyB said:
gonzagacubs said:
LLWesMan said:

That's almost enough for a Priority Flat Rate envelope.

Ebay sellers get a bit ridiculous on their decisions for how much to charge.

Mark their DSR's appropriately.

Wes

OG
Administrator
gonzagacubs said:
LLWesMan said:

My point is that when the cost is known previously it is the seller who is taking the risk by shipping PWE. It's another thing if they say they are shipping priority and ship you PWE. Then that is negative/thread creation territory. I would hit their DSR's though for a PWE - and consider mentioning it in the positive feedback.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
theplasticman said:
LaneyB said:
gonzagacubs said:
LLWesMan said:

That's almost enough for a Priority Flat Rate envelope.

Ebay sellers get a bit ridiculous on their decisions for how much to charge.

Mark their DSR's appropriately.

I have already left him feedback, and left it at what I thought was appropriate. Thanks for the responses.

Members online