Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Group Sub November Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
We are now taking cards for the November Sub!

Freedom Card Board.com is proud to be the home of the best BGS group sub in the business. We offer the opportunity to submit cards to Beckett Grading Services to all of our members. When submitting please honor the following guidelines:

For new guidelines, please see the TOS, applicable from June forward

Deadline is the 20th of the month, as always.

asw37

Mar 9, 2010
any idea when the 10 day grades will be out, i know thanksgiving probably altered the timeline a bit. Thanks for any info!

FATBABY

Feb 19, 2009
asw37 said:
any idea when the 10 day grades will be out, i know thanksgiving probably altered the timeline a bit. Thanks for any info!

They already came out a long time ago. Unless I am seeing it wrong, it looks like that thread was deleted. The 20 day grades were posted in it also.

asw37

Mar 9, 2010
no, i mean for the cards submitted by november 20th. Thanks for any info.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
asw37 said:
no, i mean for the cards submitted by november 20th. Thanks for any info.

It's 10 or 20 business days, but the day after Thanksgiving is considered a holiday.

I don't know what is considered the starting point, if it's the 20th, or if it's the first business day after that.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
asw37 said:
Any word on November 10 days? Thanks for any info!

+1. Seems really slow. This stuff had to have been shipped to BGS after Thanksgiving or via bicycle. After a while I start wondering if it got there at all. Simply posting the tracking number here of the package shipped to BGS each month should be an extended courtesy and doing so would eliminate most of these questions/posts. It wouldn't take more than 30 seconds of time to quell all the submitters' anxiety.

benner73

Aug 27, 2010
Houston
f2tornado said:
asw37 said:
Any word on November 10 days? Thanks for any info!

+1. Seems really slow. This stuff had to have been shipped to BGS after Thanksgiving or via bicycle. After a while I start wondering if it got there at all. Simply posting the tracking number here of the package shipped to BGS each month should be an extended courtesy and doing so would eliminate most of these questions/posts. It wouldn't take more than 30 seconds of time to quell all the submitters' anxiety.

Probably won't see anything on these until atleast the 20th because of the Thanksgiving holiday. Don't worry. He will post them when they come.

refuse24

Mar 11, 2009
Maybe something personal happen in his life...The holiday didn't help either...I only have 1 card....

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
refuse24 said:
Maybe something personal happen in his life...The holiday didn't help either...I only have 1 card....
One of four things happened: This order did either not even get to BGS until at least a week beyond Thanksgiving (meaning it was sent via bicycle, registered, or simply shipped quite late) meaning the two days vacation for BGS employees is a moot point, this order was not shipped to BGS, the entire order was mistakenly submitted for 20 day service, or BGS is late putting out the grades. Life does happen. Simple communication goes a long way. Yet another reason to take 30 seconds and post the tracking number to BGS so we can all see when it got there and easily figure out when the grades are due. I'm hesitant to submit more stuff if this extremely simple step cannot be done or I can make payment via check directly to BGS. I'm certainly skipping December. I don't like the anxiety of not knowing where my stuff is and not knowing when it is coming back. If the stuff is shipped there two weeks late then my Paypal payment is also a two week loan I did not sign up for. The only reason I did 10-day service this time was to get the stuff back quickly. Had I known it would have been two weeks or more late I simply would have paid the extra $4/card and sent them myself. Time is money. My employer is shifting payroll from the home office to the California office and the California bastards will hold back a week of pay on the Jan 13 check. These cards will fill the gap if I get them sold before then. Tick-tock.

refuse24

Mar 11, 2009
f2tornado said:
refuse24 said:
One of four things happened: This order did either not even get to BGS until at least a week beyond Thanksgiving (meaning it was sent via bicycle, registered, or simply shipped quite late) meaning the two days vacation for BGS employees is a moot point, this order was not shipped to BGS, the entire order was mistakenly submitted for 20 day service, or BGS is late putting out the grades. Life does happen. Simple communication goes a long way. Yet another reason to take 30 seconds and post the tracking number to BGS so we can all see when it got there and easily figure out when the grades are due. I'm hesitant to submit more stuff if this extremely simple step cannot be done or I can make payment via check directly to BGS. I'm certainly skipping December. I don't like the anxiety of not knowing where my stuff is and not knowing when it is coming back. If the stuff is shipped there two weeks late then my Paypal payment is also a two week loan I did not sign up for. The only reason I did 10-day service this time was to get the stuff back quickly. Had I known it would have been two weeks or more late I simply would have paid the extra $4/card and sent them myself. Time is money. My employer is shifting payroll from the home office to the California office and the California bastards will hold back a week of pay on the Jan 13 check. These cards will fill the gap if I get them sold before then. Tick-tock.
Ya well said...

Time is money and that is the truth...A very simple tracking # would resolve alot of issue's and questions.....I only had 1 card and not to much in a hurry...I can see some member's placed alot and I can see why they might be on egg shells..

It's going on 30 days soon...A very simple reply would of helped...Even if he couldn't get access I am sure somebody can post for him..

chadwright

Jun 25, 2011
Austin, TX
asw37 said:
anybody hear anything on these?

I talked to Phil today and the November 10-Days are on the way back to him. They have not been posted to the BGS site because BGS is having major technical issues. I guess we'll find out when they arrive in Phil's hands.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
chadwright said:
asw37 said:
anybody hear anything on these?
I talked to Phil today and the November 10-Days are on the way back to him. They have not been posted to the BGS site because BGS is having major technical issues. I guess we'll find out when they arrive in Phil's hands.

I have corroborated the BGS problems with my insider. No word on when BGS will get its software issues settled. The pop report is not updating either so that backdoor method of figuring out grades no good. #fail.

benner73

Aug 27, 2010
Houston
chadwright said:
Yeah, most of the BGS site hasn't worked since October. Pretty pathetic for a major company like that to have a mostly unusable site.
More like hasnt' worked in about 4 or 5 years. Beckett's tech savy people either aren't that savy or Beckett is really really cheap.