Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This Should go for a Pretty Penny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I just hope that some sports card company doesn't win that and chop it up into pieces. If there is anyone who doubts how superhuman Lou Gehrig was, this bat is proof.

JustinVerlander35

Nov 1, 2011
Detroit
SydBarrett said:
I just hope that some sports card company doesn't win that and chop it up into pieces. If there is anyone who doubts how superhuman Lou Gehrig was, this bat is proof.

Capture-5.png

I think this will only strengthen your point. One of the greatest of all time.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
SydBarrett said:

If I could thank your post, I would.

That bat has an awesome history to it.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
JustinVerlander35 said:
SydBarrett said:

Capture-5.png

I find it very interesting that even though he had ALS he still had 415 OPS. It is truly amazing (and seriously heartbreaking) how fast & cruel life can turn. As somebody with a form of muscular dystrophy (what ALS is) words cannot explain what that bat means to me, and so many other people afflicted with the various forms of muscular dystrophy. That bay should be in the muscular dystrophy headquarters in Arizona, unfortunately we don't have $2 million that we can spare.

JustinVerlander35

Nov 1, 2011
Detroit
SydBarrett said:
JustinVerlander35 said:
SydBarrett said:

Capture-5.png

I find it very interesting that even though he had ALS he still had 415 OPS. It is truly amazing (and seriously heartbreaking) how fast & cruel life can turn. As somebody with a form of muscular dystrophy (what ALS is) words cannot explain what that bat means to me, and so many other people afflicted with the various forms of muscular dystrophy. That bay should be in the muscular dystrophy headquarters in Arizona, unfortunately we don't have $2 million that we can spare.

I wish you best of luck with your battle. I totally agree; that bat should be at the muscular dystrophy headquarters. Sadly, someone who is filthy rich is going to buy it, put it in a closet and never give a damn about it again.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
i thanked your posts syd
unfortunately, i think topps will get this bat and we are going to be seeing it in a myriad of products over the next 10 years. doesn't a game used bat yield about 1800-2000 game used cards? i think i read that somewhere, maybe it was jerseys but whatever. topps will have people busting premium products to get slivers of this treasure for a while and its a shame.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Guys, why in the hell would Topps buy this?

Topps can get away with buying low-end Gehrig bats if they really want one. Why would they buy one for $2M or whatever this one will go for? Can you imagine how expensive that product would have to be for them to make a profit off a $2M bat?

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
its probably a year and a half away from the 75th anniversary of the last use of this bat. i am hoping they dont do it and use that marketing angle.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
hes a lesser known ex major leaguer and probably hurting for money, thats gonna bring some major coinsssssssss

Members online

Latest posts