Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts 20 pack break: Gordon Beckham in Chicago Uniform SC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
Purchased 20 packs over 2 days and I think the break was A. I cannot believe that Donruss is so blatant.

picture.php

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Anyone ever think that maybe Donruss looked into the situation and thinks they have the lawsuit beat? I don't think anyone would be so brazen as to not even think about the situation before doing it.

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
flightposite said:
Anyone ever think that maybe Donruss looked into the situation and thinks they have the lawsuit beat? I don't think anyone would be so brazen as to not even think about the situation before doing it.

Thats exactally what I was thinking, something along the lines of "Chicago" not being able to be copyrighted but I do think they have a copyright on the font.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
I think Donruss goofed, but that card looks much better then one with Chicago airbrushed out. Now for the Beckham to be an SP or for them to say only 50 got out.

G

If MLB wants to take Donruss to court over the word Chicago, I think our mayor (Daley)
will have something to say about that. Because when the Bears were looking into moving to
a suburb just west of the Airport (O'hare), which somehow is listed as Chicago (another story)

He threatened the Bears with a lawsuit if they were to still call themselves the Chicago Bears
and were to use the name Chicago, but did not play with in the City Limits. It was a big deal and people thought he was nuts but the Bears eventually stayed as you can see.

Members online

Latest posts