Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ernie Banks 1999 apoh 500 Bat auto /14... Anyone know where?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

applesaucerulez

Apr 16, 2011
Looking for an Ernie Banks 99 500 hr club apoh Bat auto /14. Anyone know where one is? I'm willing to give a finders fee to anyone who knows of one, that isn't PERMANENTLY locked in a collection.

LMK!!!

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
it would be easier to find the Longo super. I would imagine they are all locked away by now!

Kevin

i know these reported sales are 11 years old, but be prepared to spend alot.

df934c4e.jpg

applesaucerulez

Apr 16, 2011
For certain, those prices right there actually give me butterflies more than knots. Without going into detail I am prepared to pay a lot. The first post is probably correct, they should all be locked into collections by now. Though, some people who think to have locked them in, may actually be willing to part if offered what is thought to be more than they'd ever get....

applesaucerulez said:
For certain, those prices right there actually give me butterflies more than knots. Without going into detail I am prepared to pay a lot. The first post is probably correct, they should all be locked into collections by now. Though, some people who think to have locked them in, may actually be willing to part if offered what is thought to be more than they'd ever get....

I can speak by experience as to being an owner of one of these cards from the set, these signed versions are the most coveted by the person who is collecting the player.

The APOH 500 Cards are not only collected by insane rich peope who aspire to put together the most awsome autographed insert of all time, but also by Player Collectors like myself, who honestly, cherish the card more then any other card. I would have to assume that the signed versions of these cards go for more then the players rookie card, especially if the player is from the 50's.

It's hard to dispute that the signed version of the player is most likley his best card.

I can not think of any mcgwire card that will command a couple thousand now, granted the congress hearings.

Im sure willie mccovey's rookie in gem mint condition would go for more but you get my point.

These signed versions are the players most desired cards, simply for the fact that you have 2 different type of hard core collector going after them. This McGwire card was #1 on my want list since the day i heard they signed him to a auto'd card contract.

GOOD LucK. And if the card went for 800$ back in 2000, i think it's safe to say the card easily goes for 1k and up now. And thats being generous.

Here is a suggestion. I will go out on a limb and say that your Ernie Banks is probably not showing it's face for a while.

This is what i did 1 year into the 4 year drool fest. I assumed that i would not be getting it any time sooner. Little did i know i was 3 more years away.

I purchased an unsigned one and then had it signed at a private signing.

Just have Ernie sign it in a thin blue sharpie pen.

It will hold you over for the time being.

The only big difference is the size of the auto's ink
Pack Certified
84b4fa2d.jpg

Steiner Sports Signing -
UDs-1.jpg

I did it with Willie Mays as i will never afford the Mays Certified.
i am pleased with the one i got this summer

072728a0.jpg

FOR SOME STUPID Reason, UD did not produce signed versions for Thomas, Sheffield, & Jim Thome, Manny

I decided even before i knew the sad news that i wanted the Thomas.

So i decided last year to go out and create my own. Same thing with Gary Shef

Make sure you provide him with the thin sharpie pen
Also be very specific as to where he is supposed to sign

It took me 2 try's with Frank to get it right.

Here is the first go round.
longohelmet088.jpg

77d42bff.jpg

926c45d6-1-1.jpg

Members online