Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA 2011 Phillies Prospect List - From Print

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
1 Trevor May
2 Jesse Biddle
3 Sebastian Valle
4 Jonathan Pettibone
5 Phillippe Aumont
6 Freddy Galvis
7 Justin Defratus
8 Brody Colvin
9 Jiwan James
10 Maikel Franco

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I thought for sure we'd see Greene and/or Quinn. J-Rod also got shafted, IMO.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Jaypers said:
I thought for sure we'd see Greene and/or Quinn. J-Rod also got shafted, IMO.

they will be there by mid-season.

J-rod gets the shaft due to his fastball but i see him as a back of the rotation ML starter. Such an advanced pitcher for that age with a less than plus fastball...

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Tools

Average Harold Garcia
Power Hitter Larry Greene
Strike Zone Discipline Rizzotti
Baserunner Roman Quinn
Athlete Jiwan James
Fastball Aumont
Curveball Aumont
Slider Defratus
Change-up Austin Hyatt
Control Pettibone
Defensive Catcher Valle
Defensive Infielder Galvis
Infield Arm Galvis
Defensive OF Jiwan James
OF Arm Jiwan James

Projected Lineup 2013
C Valle
1b Howard
2b Utley
SS Galvis
3b Maikel Franco
LF Domonic Brown
RF Pence
CF Victorino
1 Starter Cliff Lee
2 Halladay
3 Hamels
4 May
5 Worley
Closer Aumont

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I had the opportunity to see a lot of these guys play and this list is solid. There are a lot of underrated guys in the Phils system. Look out for Julio Rodriguez, Austin Wright and Perci Garner.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The Phillies' list is now up on the site, for those subscribers who want to read the scouting reports.

Interesting comps. BA compares May to Chris Carpenter, and Biddle to Andy Pettitte.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Tom (NJ): I'm sure you're getting lots of questions on Julio Rodriguez, so I'll just add one more! I keep hearing about his stuff and I read different reports. Do you have actual reports on his pitches and their speeds?

Matt Forman: You're right, Tom, definitely getting a lot of questions about Rodriguez. The reason you've heard differing reports on Rodriguez's stuff and velocity is because he was consistently inconsistent -- some starts (or innings within each start) his fastball would be 90-93 mph, others it would be 85-88 mph. He did a better job this year of pitching with an average fastball, mostly sitting in the 87-91 range. If you like watching the radar gun light up, Rodriguez isn't your kind of pitcher. But it's hard to argue with Rodriguez's results: He won 16 games, struck out more than a batter an inning and held opposing hitters to a .186 average. His stats stand out more than his stuff, though. None of his secondary pitches grade out better than average. He has a herky-jerky delivery that creates deception, and he routinely pitches up in the zone with his fastball, which could be problematic as he advances. Lower-level hitters have had a hard time picking him up, and there's certainly something to be said for that. Everyone I talked to said the same thing: Send him to the next level until he proves it's too much, because he has been very effective thus far.

Members online