Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braves taking trade offers on Jurrjens, Prado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Royals and Pirates rumored to be the interested teams.

Wish the Braves would save Clint Robinson. He could add bench depth.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Interesting to see if they do move them AND what they can get for them. I'd think the Twins would jump in on both, but they have only a couple broken bats and a few pairs of Ron Coomer's baseball cleats to offer in return :(

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I would take a combo of Clint Robinson and Alcides Escobar for Jurrjens. Braves infield defense was terrible last year.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
19braves77 said:
I would take a combo of Clint Robinson and Alcides Escobar for Jurrjens. Braves infield defense was terrible last year.

Really? Why in the world does that seem like a good trade? We have Gonzo at short, and Alcides would not take Chipper or Uggla's place. I think tradeing a #2-4 starter (probably #1 on the Royals) for two utility guys probably is not in the Braves' best interest.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Why are the Braves looking to move Jurrjens? They don't strike me as a team that is overflowing with starting pitching and Jurrjens is only 25 and a solid middle of the rotation starter who is probably pretty cheap. His leg should recover; I don't recall too many pitchers whose careers are ruined by a leg injury. If they can get a great hitting prospect or a good young bat for him it might make some sense, but otherwise I wouldn't deal him.

BluesBroSJ

Jan 19, 2009
Kansas
James52411 said:
They don't strike me as a team that is overflowing with starting pitching

Really?
Hudson, Hanson, JJ, Beachy, Minor, Delgado, Teheran, Viz, Medlen. I think we can find 5 starters out of that group if we trade one or two

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
James52411 said:
Why are the Braves looking to move Jurrjens? They don't strike me as a team that is overflowing with starting pitching and Jurrjens is only 25 and a solid middle of the rotation starter who is probably pretty cheap. His leg should recover; I don't recall too many pitchers whose careers are ruined by a leg injury. If they can get a great hitting prospect or a good young bat for him it might make some sense, but otherwise I wouldn't deal him.

They have more starting pitching in their system than they know what to do with.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
BluesBroSJ said:
James52411 said:

Really?
Hudson, Hanson, JJ, Beachy, Minor, Delgado, Teheran, Viz, Medlen. I think we can find 5 starters out of that group if we trade one or two

Crewfan82 said:
James52411 said:

They have more starting pitching in their system than they know what to do with.

You both beat me to it. That's crazy talk right there

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
BluesBroSJ said:
James52411 said:

Really?

Until a guy performs at the MLB level, you don't really know what you have. Hudson is the only fully healthy veteran starter they will have if they trade Jurrjens. Even if Hanson comes back at full strength, that makes two. I know you guys love your prospects, but it generally isn't a great idea to go with essentially 3 starting pitchers who haven't thrown a full season. Perhaps there is a team that has made the playoffs with such a rotation, but I don't recall one.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
19braves77 said:
Alex Gonzalez is a free agent.

I realize that, but is there really anyone else out there that the Braves would consider signing? Orlando Cabrera is about the only name I could think of, and I doubt they would go after him because our defense was so bad. I'm fairly comfortable with sayin gthere's about a 90% chance that we re-sign Gonzalez. The only internal option would be Pastornicky, and there's no way he is ready. I'm just more stunned that as a fan of the Braves you would be happy with a Jurrjens for Robinson/Escobar deal.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
GAbballplayer148 said:
19braves77 said:
Alex Gonzalez is a free agent.

I realize that, but is there really anyone else out there that the Braves would consider signing? Orlando Cabrera is about the only name I could think of, and I doubt they would go after him because our defense was so bad. I'm fairly comfortable with sayin gthere's about a 90% chance that we re-sign Gonzalez. The only internal option would be Pastornicky, and there's no way he is ready. I'm just more stunned that as a fan of the Braves you would be happy with a Jurrjens for Robinson/Escobar deal.

I would think (1) top 4 prospect out of the KC system, plus a lower tier 10-12 guy would get it done. But who knows.

skrip

yclipper21

Feb 14, 2010
I'd unload him. Injury prone pitcher, that really after this season I think his stock is as high as it's gonna get. The Braves are pretty loaded in starting pitching, and there minor league depth for position players could use some serious help. you think the Cubs would ever consider trading Castro?? Not saying for Jurrjens, but a package?

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Jurrgens is due a Matt Garza pay raise ( Over 5 million ). If they sign him, anything they saved from Lowe is a wash. Gone are the days that a Braves GM can spend what he wants.....

I am scared that the Braves will go get Josh Willingham and regret giving him a multiple year contract after the first year.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
yclipper21 said:
I'd unload him. Injury prone pitcher, that really after this season I think his stock is as high as it's gonna get. The Braves are pretty loaded in starting pitching, and there minor league depth for position players could use some serious help. you think the Cubs would ever consider trading Castro?? Not saying for Jurrjens, but a package?

Castro is the Cubs only marketable player, so it would be really tough for them to trade him. They do really need pitching though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts