Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

POLL: Would you buy raw vintage on eBay?

Would you buy raw vintage on eBay?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
People would be very unlikly to copy the 69 version. The rookies and 1970 seem to have more value.

I buy raw vintage when I need to. I also would be very unlikly to buy a graded rookie since it drives the price up so much.

If it seems like a reputible seller I see no reason why not to. If it is shoeless joe, I would stay away.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
bouwob said:
People would be very unlikly to copy the 69 version. The rookies and 1970 seem to have more value.

I buy raw vintage when I need to. I also would be very unlikly to buy a graded rookie since it drives the price up so much.

If it seems like a reputible seller I see no reason why not to. If it is shoeless joe, I would stay away.

Im more concerned with trimmed/altered then fakes. im looking for low grade.

che stadium

Aug 16, 2008
I've been buying raw vintage for over 10 years on Ebay. I rarely have problems. On the other hand, I think grading sucks and diminishes the card's aesthetic appeal to me.

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
For mid-range and low-end stuff you are usually pretty safe, but I would be really careful on high-end raw stuff on the bay. Heck, IMO there's no guarantee that a graded card these days hasn't been altered anyway. Mike

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
I certainly would buy from a vintage dealer with some credibility. I believe Kit Young hasn't had his reputation in question, and he always provides scans for me when I have inquired about them. He will also describe flaws not visible in the scans.

You may pay a bit more, but I think it is worth it.

d

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
And here you go: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0269083522

img.jpg

$169

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I have bought quite a bit of non-graded vintage over the years with very few problems. When I'm buying early 50's or earlier high dollar cards, I'm starting to purchase graded cards, however. Whenever I purchase a '51 Mantle, it WILL be graded.
DANNY

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Excellent Input fellas!

David, i am looking for nothing anywhere near that nice on the Ryan '69,
but the search continues!

Members online

Latest posts