Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shriners show pickups - some serious Griffey Swag!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Went to the Shriners show in Wilmington this weekend and witnessed one of the biggest steals I've seen in a while (unfortunately I was not not on the buying end :( ). A new dealer brought in 4 binders full of only Ken Griffey Jr cards, one of which was all autos, auto jerseys and auto patches and another which was all serial numbered cards. He ended up selling the binder of autos for $20 a card and the serial numbered cards from $1 to $3 each. I was able to pry some of the nicer serial numbered cards away from the buyer but suffice to say, I had to pay more than the $3 each that he paid. Here's the swag:

Untitled-Scanned-01-4.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-02-5.jpg

Some prospect pickups:

Untitled-Scanned-03-5.jpg

Some other insert pickups:

Untitled-Scanned-05-4.jpg

Some low grade rookies ($4 each!)

Untitled-Scanned-04-5.jpg

And another candidate for cards that used to be huge:

Untitled-Scanned-06-3.jpg

Thanks for looking!

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Diggin the Power Alley die cuts! Really cool stuff as always JVC. 90s inserts pickups are always great.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
I wonder if they were stolen. Who's dumb enough to sell Griffey autos for $20 per that has that many of them?

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Awesome pickups - congrats!

I'm loving that Heritage Griffey. Been looking for one of those for a while. Please keep me in mind if you're looking to move it.

jdk16

Mar 29, 2011
Jastermereel said:
I wonder if they were stolen. Who's dumb enough to sell Griffey autos for $20 per that has that many of them?

your probably right.. i know he didnt buy them all for $20 :shock: :?

Latest posts