Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB questfort206wagner Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I am starting a new, more fun-to-follow, flipping project for FCB members and FCB members-only to follow and be a part of.

Here's how it works:

I will start by offering $1 PayPal for an item or items from an FCB member.

I will then take that item or items and auction it/them off on eBay on the questfort206wagner eBay account.

Using the total amount I receive from the auction or auctions (minus eBay fees, PayPal fees and shipping charges), I will purchase the next item from an FCB member (always taking the best value I can get for the money) and continuously repeat the process.

If for some reason we reach a point where no one has anything to sell that will help-along the project, I will start taking BIN suggestions for items considered a great deal or steal. Hopefully it won't come to that.

There is no exact end goal, but when the project runs it's course, I will sell the last item or items at auction and give HALF the net proceeds to a charity that we will vote on.

This is 100% for fun and for FCB members to follow and discuss.

I ask that all items purchased from FCB members be shipped ASAP to keep things moving along as quickly a possible.

--------------------------------------------------
Item #1 Paid $1 - from SydBarrett
2011-12 ITG Canada vs The World Canadian Cloth Cross-Canada Tour Joe Nieuwendyk JSY 1/1
2002 SP Legendary Cuts Game Jersey Frank Crosetti JSY
2011 Leaf Valiant Draft Green Prismatic Dillon Howard AU
2002 Fleer Authentix Mark Teixeira

Sold For $24.88 ($16.37 Net)
- $1.00 Purchase Price
-$2.06 eBay
-$2.10 PayPal
-$3.35 Shipping
=$16.37 Net Profit
--------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
sounds cool, good luck!! I think i would have started with a bit higher $ value though. Like at least $5-10. Is anybody gonna bother mailing you something for only $1?

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
G $MONEY$ said:
sounds cool, good luck!! I think i would have started with a bit higher $ value though. Like at least $5-10. Is anybody gonna bother mailing you something for only $1?

Honestly, if he just sent me enough to ship, I would've been happy to get the project started.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
SydBarrett said:
sportscardtheory said:
The first item is simply to get the ball rolling at a bottom line price. Anyone have anything? Your card will be the start of the project.
I got two Dillon Howard back-to-back in my valiant boxes from Andrew, I will sell you one of them for $1.

Sounds good. I will PM you and you can give me the PayPal addy to send to.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
SydBarrett said:
G $MONEY$ said:

Honestly, if he just sent me enough to ship, I would've been happy to get the project started.

well thats great!!

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
I do not do Pay Pal; however, I have about 200,000 cards which I'd prefer not to put into storage. I have pulled out all the commone -- and the boxes are about 90 percent base and 10 percent insert. There is plenty of value in the boxes --- and if anyone wants to take some chances (I promise you'd do just fine) with this -- and pay a price for the cards plus shipping ---- this project would take a whole new turn.

Too many cards to count -- as an example -- yesterday I purchased some 21011 topps value packs at Wally World (primarily to get and I left 1-2 Trout RC's in the boxes. I don't remember which box and I'm not going to go through them.

This is just an FYI --- but I love projects like this and we'd make a lot of progress towards that goal -- and.or someone with time/effort will make a good deal of money after sorting.

Regards
Rich Klein

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
FINALLY listed these. Thanks to SydBarret for the first offerings. Took him WAY too long to get me the cards (which is why I lost interest and took so long to list), but it's still greatly appreciated. Enjoy!

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
FINALLY listed these. Thanks to SydBarret for the first offerings. Took him WAY too long to get me the cards (which is why I lost interest and took so long to list), but it's still greatly appreciated. Enjoy!

If I recall, it took me a week to get them in the mail to you. At the time, no one else was interested in this, and I gave you $15-$20+ worth of cards, basically for free (I sent them priority because it took so long). Good luck with your quest, I'm sure with your charm and humility you will do great things

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
If I recall, it took me a week to get them in the mail to you. At the time, no one else was interested in this, and I gave you $15-$20+ worth of cards, basically for free (I sent them priority because it took so long). Good luck with your quest, I'm sure with your charm and humility you will do great things

BOOOOM!!!!

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

It's not a big deal, man, but it was far longer than a week. I don't think I received them for in between 2 and 3 weeks after I made the purchase. I'm not sure why you had to be insulting when I was just pointing out it took longer than I had hoped for. That said, I still appreciate it.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
It's not a big deal, man, but it was far longer than a week. I don't think I received them for in between 2 and 3 weeks after I made the purchase. I'm not sure why you had to be insulting when I was just pointing out it took longer than I had hoped for. That said, I still appreciate it.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

To be honest, they way you posted it came across as insulting. His response was also a cut at your comment that was a cut at his shipping time. Anyways, happy to see this get underway. I'm happy to participate in any way I can.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011

Really, really unsure as to why you're surprised he insulted you? He sent you a card essentially as a gift and you in not one message but two complained about how it took too long. You were "just pointing out it took longer than you hoped"? "FINALLY". "Took WAY too long to get the cards to me". Then as a final touch you added a nice passive aggressive remark in parentheses about how you lost interest and it took so long to list because it took so long to ship. I've had what you call "conversations" with you in football forums before and I'm really not sure if you do this on purpose or if you're just accidentally rude but your comments can be extremely disrespectful and I know many members have called you out on this before.

I just don't think it's right that when someone sends you a gift you complain about shipping time, I don't think you'll be getting many more gifts that way, that's all. Good luck in your project

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
And with one post true colors are shown. I am sure with such a fantastic attitude towards a very generous member you will now get a bunch of help lol[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Members online