Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sports Collectors Digest 8.5 Pujols RC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
If you had a card slabbed @SCD 8.5 what would this equal IYO to psa and bgs etc.?

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
U can't compare it because few know that scd actually graded cards.

I'm sure many might think it's some fly by night graders, but they weren't.

They started in early 2002, but never caught on.

In pretty they sold the grading part of the company somw yrs later and who ever bought it kept the scd tag but it no longer stood for sports coll digest.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
The only way to find out is crack open that scd and submit to BGS. Otherwise your guess is good as my.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
championMan said:
The only way to find out is crack open that scd and submit to BGS. Otherwise your guess is good as my.

mchenrycards said:
sabrgeek said:
The red SCD holders are 99.9 percent good. You did well

Rich

Agreed

SCD was one of the better graders but since PSA and BGS had a stranglehold on the hobby they didn't get much collectors love. Their grading was generally on par with the top two companies.

thanks for the info and advice
this seems to be the way to go. i went to their website before the bidding ended and saw no mention of a grading subsidiary anywhere so i figured they had sold out.
it will work out nicely, i can get this one regraded and get my raw copy that i already own graded as well.

Members online