Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

looking for some opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
hey guys,

so i know in the end it is my personal choice but just seeing what other people think

i have decided to start a new project, where i go for red sox team sets from topps finest years from 2005-2009
now the question i have is with htese team sets, what should i collect?

obviously i will go for all the base, but should i include the finest moments inserts as well, as well as the team favorites, the insert auto sets, etc?

just seeing what do you guys consider a team set?

thanks in advance

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I consider a team set every card produced for that year that is base.

If we were talking about 80s-90s that would include team leader cards etc.

In the years that you are talking about I think it would be better to have the inserts as part of it, but not feel incomplete if you dont have all of the parallels etc.

Hope that makes sense.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
The Red Sox maybe a different story but I would try for a 'master set' since I'm not sure Finest has an extensive number of cards per each team.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Lars said:
The Red Sox maybe a different story but I would try for a 'master set' since I'm not sure Finest has an extensive number of cards per each team.
This. Good luck Migs.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Lars said:

master set meaning every card produced for a certain year of finest? i cant do that, as i dont do any type of complete set due to there being yankees in most sets. also dont wanna spend the money for a master set, i just like the idea of doing the red sox in it

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Master Red Sox team set per each year - base, parallels, inserts, GU/AU.

miguelcabrera said:
Lars said:

master set meaning every card produced for a certain year of finest? i cant do that, as i dont do any type of complete set due to there being yankees in most sets. also dont wanna spend the money for a master set, i just like the idea of doing the red sox in it

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Lars said:
Master Red Sox team set per each year - base, parallels, inserts, GU/AU.

miguelcabrera said:
Lars said:

oh, yeh i see what your saying.
my question basically was should i do red sox team base sets for each year of finest or the red sox master sets.....leaning towards the master sets

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Having 20,000 cards to collect is always better than having 2000 cards to collect. Assuming you have any self control having 20,000 cards to collect will keep your interest forever. Having 2000 cards will likely make you board at some time and end the collection.

I have less than 10% of all ryans cards that exist, that said I still get excited when I land a new one.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
MojoDan said:
I consider a team set every card produced for that year that is base.

If we were talking about 80s-90s that would include team leader cards etc.

In the years that you are talking about I think it would be better to have the inserts as part of it, but not feel incomplete if you dont have all of the parallels etc.

Hope that makes sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts