Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who becomes the Cardinals manager?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Im just wondering what everyones opinion on this is. Personally I like Mike Matheny. He is a guy who is always at Spring Training working with player, he knows most of the current coaching staff, he was a good catcher and thinks the game in a way that others would'nt. Also with a new manager he is not going to get huge money, frees up salary for other player. Matheny and Pujols have played together before so there is probably a friendship there. Though I think the Marlins will get Albert
Dislike that he is unproven as a coach but everyone has to start somewhere.
I think Matheny would be a good guy to bring in. I wanted to see what Oquendo could do but I don't think he is even interested. I think if he was the St.Louis Cardinals would at least give him an interview for the position. They interview Terry Francona tommorow, so we will see what happens with that. What are your opinions??

tyweb1

Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis
There is zero chance they hire anyone besides Jose Oquendo. They are just going through the motions. Matheny will be a bench coach. It is a done deal.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
sheetskout said:
No chance for Sandberg?
I believe he could be a possible option. I think he could be a good guy for the role. i think the Cardinals need to get an unproven manager and let him do what he wants for a few years. Let him learn from his mistakes.

Members online

Latest posts