Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2007 UD Masterpieces Glossy Non-Canvas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
What are these from? I have a Schilling, and just picked up a Dice-K RC tonight. Is this some sort of unlisted parallel version? A retail version? It's on the same stock as the base 2007 Upper Decks, thin and glossy as opposed to the textured canvas feel of the standard Masterpieces.

img457.jpg

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Are they normal size or the big box toppers...

Hard to tell from the scan the difference between it and the base....

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
markakis8 said:
Are they normal size or the big box toppers...

Hard to tell from the scan the difference between it and the base....

I know, as soon as I put the scan up I realized that you can barely tell the difference. It's normal sized, everything is the same except for the stock.

EDIT: Found out what they are: http://shotnottaken.wordpress.com/2009/ ... babe-ruth/

Don't know why I didn't find this before. One of the local KMarts used to sell these, except up here they were the Red Sox packs. These are a legit retail variation, it seems.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Never heard of these packs...did they do one for each team or just the big ones?

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
markakis8 said:
Never heard of these packs...did they do one for each team or just the big ones?

I wish I had known these packs had obscure parallel versions in them. I saw one at a KMart that had been opened, with the loose cards all over the floor. Looked like regular base UD cards, so I ignored them. Haven't seen any of these packs in at least 2 years, so I'll never know what else is in them. Might be the source of the odd non-foil 2007 UD base Dice-K and Alex Gordon (assuming the did a KC pack) RCs I have, and the extra bizarre non-foil Okajima RC numbered BC-18. I've never discovered the origins of the non-foil s yet, maybe these packs explain them.

Iamjoecollector

Oct 18, 2009
Salem, OR
I had seen these previously but didn't collect them. Some sort of odd retail version.

I actually pulled a few foil less cards from a hobby box. These are the same as the hobby version is every way but without foil. Printing error for sure.
DSCN2652.jpg

I don't know if a full set of these exists because I don't know how the parallels were made. I pulled this Ozzie Smith Blue Linen and it could have been from the same sheet as the cards above.
DSCN2003.jpg

DeliciousBacon said:
markakis8 said:

I wish I had known these packs had obscure parallel versions in them. I saw one at a KMart that had been opened, with the loose cards all over the floor. Looked like regular base UD cards, so I ignored them. Haven't seen any of these packs in at least 2 years, so I'll never know what else is in them. Might be the source of the odd non-foil 2007 UD base Dice-K and Alex Gordon (assuming the did a KC pack) RCs I have, and the extra bizarre non-foil Okajima RC numbered BC-18. I've never discovered the origins of the non-foil s yet, maybe these packs explain them.

Members online

Latest posts