Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wanted to share a great story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Well as some of you may know a great friend of mine passed away a few months back of cancer at only 28 years old. I played baseball with him since I was 13 years old and we hung out every day since our 13 year old all star summer. Well after he passed and after all the services and fundraisers we did for the family I got to thinking about all our good times and baseball was always a part of those times. My senior year in high school and his jr year he was kicked off of our baseball team over some temper problems and being ejected from his 3rd game... lol. It was one of our last games that year and I hit a walk off grand slam at one of our home games and Chris was sitting in the stands watching the game, after I got mobbed at home plate and the dust settled some kid handed me the ball, I ran right over to Chris and tossed him the ball. I always remembered he had that ball up on his trophey case with all of his other tropheys and awards. I contacted his wife and his parents and asked about the ball figuring there was no way after 10 plus years he still had this ball. I was shocked and thrilled to find out he still had the ball along with all his other stuff after all these years, and it just goes to show what a great friend he was. I am the proud owner of this Hr ball, and it will never leave my possesion
IMG_1268.jpg

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Totally awesome! It's a shame that he was only 22 days older than me. Although it's a very sad story, it's a great one that you can pass down thru your family. Are you close with his wife and parents? Did he have a child before he passed? If not it will be good that the child won't grow up without a father, but if he did then you could give this to them on their 18th birthday or whenever you felt the time was right.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Hendersonfan said:
Totally awesome! It's a shame that he was only 22 days older than me. Although it's a very sad story, it's a great one that you can pass down thru your family. Are you close with his wife and parents? Did he have a child before he passed? If not it will be good that the child won't grow up without a father, but if he did then you could give this to them on their 18th birthday or whenever you felt the time was right.

yes I am close with his parents his wife and yes he left behind a 3 year old son. and have become very close again with his brother. I am getting some custom cards made of him which will be going to his son, brother, parents and one for myself for sure. as talked about in my other thread about these cards.
sweetspic.jpg

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
rum151man said:
Hendersonfan said:

yes I am close with his parents his wife and yes he left behind a 3 year old son. and have become very close again with his brother. I am getting some custom cards made of him which will be going to his son, brother, parents and one for myself for sure. as talked about in my other thread about these cards.
sweetspic.jpg
Great story and sorry about your friend, Too young....
but, If you didn't already, see if you can get a custom card made of the baseball too!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts