Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Officially retired from collecting cards, but.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autocut

...maybe I need to look through my common box. Through out my collecting years, I've won a few contests. Was cleaning out my file cabinet and found this.

pinnacle_win1.jpg

Now only if I can find that First Pitch Preview.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
The hobby was so much more fun in the 90s. I had no idea there were so many contests though. Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see the rest of them!

autocut

Ok, ***** League fans may appreciate this one. This is how I obtained my Willard "Home Run" Brown autograph and how I learned about Wayne Stivers who is on the expert panel of the ***** League Autograph guide. I bought a ***** League home list from Debbie Wills who was a regular columnlist in The Autograph Review (TAR). she sold her list for $5 and after receiving it, I sent her an email ( you can see how long that's been). Stivers address and number has changed since then, so the information is no longer valid.

wayne_stivers_1.jpg

autocut

I know, non-sport, but will get back to sports after this one. I use to exchange e-mails with Rodney Dangerfield back in the mid 90's when AOL dialup service was popular. I asked him could he send me an autographed 8x10, he said sure, but "why would yo want a picture of my ugly mug". Well, in the mail, I got an inscribed autographed 8x10. I kept the envelope and his form letter that came with it.

rodney_dangerfield.jpg

JustinVerlander35

Nov 1, 2011
Detroit
autocut said:
I know, non-sport, but will get back to sports after this one. I use to exchange e-mails with Rodney Dangerfield back in the mid 90's when AOL dialup service was popular. I asked him could he send me an autographed 8x10, he said sure, but "why would yo want a picture of my ugly mug". Well, in the mail, I got an inscribed autographed 8x10. I kept the envelope and his form letter that came with it.

rodney_dangerfield.jpg

:lol:

This was awesome

Members online

Latest posts