Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Discussion... Leaf, Topps and all that's in between

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Steve Jobs once said... "In order for Apple to succeed, Microsoft does not have to fail'.

Why can't the same be said for Leaf and Topps?

Don't like Leaf's products? Don't buy them. Yes, it really is that simple.

Since this is a public forum, i can understand that people like to voice their opinions. But how about not putting down others that choose to buy what they want to buy with their own money?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ThoseBackPages said:
But how about not putting down others that choose to buy what they want to buy with their own money?

I'll +1 this, even though it'll never happen.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I'll add that I think it is important for people to be critical when needed and give praise, when needed.

However, in order to maintain one's own standards - this has to apply somewhat evenly across the board and it should. Topps, Leaf, Panini, UD all have their epic fails and all have their wonderful successes, kudos and criticism should be given to all when deserved. What gets tiring is people either constantly patting a company/brand on the back no matter what or doing the opposite, no matter what.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
But how about not putting down others that choose to buy what they want to buy with their own money?

People should care what products, sets and players people buy in the hobby and, perhaps, most importantly, why... its always been this way.

Its always interesting - if not *very* important- to know who has been buying player X (Brett, Harper, etc) or set Y and the reason why (collecting, flipping, etc) in order to gauge the market from which we all buy and some of us sell.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
As a (former) heavy case breaker doing 5+ a year, the only thing really intriguing me much is the Leaf releases. Maybe BCDP. And I don't have time to prospect at all.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Don't like Leaf's products? Don't buy them. Yes, it really is that simple.

My Topps boycott is well into year 2.

I dont buy Leaf because I dont care about rookies. If BG would come out with a veteran/ret'd product, I'd be all over it.

As it stands I buy old UD and DLP baseball wax, as well as new UD and Panini hockey and football.

sports-header21.jpg

gyppedagain.png

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Since the opening stance seems to be squarely related to LEAF, I'll address that. It's my opinion that an overwhelming majority of nay sayers about LEAF is simply to combat the heavily hype leaf train that seems to run parallel to the FCB train. I really believe most who spout off about LEAF have no vested interest other than to entertain. But thats the beauty of a message board, everyone is entitled to take a stance, make a claim, and express an opinion.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
There's a big difference between being critical of a product and being critical of what somebody else collects. It isn't the same thing. If one can't see the difference, then he/she is way too sensitive.

There's a lot of legitimate discussion here that revolves around product criticism. And it has nothing at all to do with being critical of the people who choose to collect it. NOTHING.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
ThoseBackPages said:
Who is putting down others who buy Leaf?

Seems like quite an exaggeration to me-but I will concede that I'm not on here enough to see every thread. But I haven't seen anyone putting down others that have chosen to buy Leaf. I have seen people give their opinions about products, but that is about the extent of it.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Although I don't, some people like to see cards as stock of a particular player. To draw this stock analogy out further however, what credibility and value would a stock discussion board have if everybody talked about Enron or Worldcom only with positive remarks? Or Apple with only negative remarks? Bad things would happen to stocks/stock market as a result if nobody were able to *fairly* evaluate stock, but some people just get carried away doing it.

Titans74

Oct 28, 2010
ccouch (Chad) said:
There's a big difference between being critical of a product and being critical of what somebody else collects. It isn't the same thing. If one can't see the difference, then he/she is way too sensitive.

There's a lot of legitimate discussion here that revolves around product criticism. And it has nothing at all to do with being critical of the people who choose to collect it. NOTHING.

+1 x infinity.

Members online

Latest posts