Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1933 DeLong Project Completed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
Hello everyone,

After 2-1/2 years, I am so proud to announce the completion of my 1933 DeLong project! The incredible design, small set and stellar player selection made this an easy choice for me. Is currently ranked #6 on the SGC Registry with scans of each card (follow link). Also includes an incredibly rare signed card (one of five signed cards from the set known). I'm very excited to have stuck it out and complete this overlooked, but impressive set.

http://www.sgccardregistry.com/set.aspx?cat=1&set=90&userset=6554

James

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I love this set, beautiful beautiful design. The Gehrig is one of the most iconic pre war cards in my eyes. Congrats on completion, and I'm baffled that this is the only comment thus far.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
wolfmanalfredo said:
I love this set, beautiful beautiful design. The Gehrig is one of the most iconic pre war cards in my eyes. Congrats on completion, and I'm baffled that this is the only comment thus far.

Thanks man! I picked up the Gehrig for less than $1000 a couple of years ago on Easter. Very much a steal!

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Liberate Baltimore said:
wolfmanalfredo said:

Thanks man! I picked up the Gehrig for less than $1000 a couple of years ago on Easter. Very much a steal!

Thats a dream card of mine. I've been outbid on a couple over the last few years, but I hope I can land one sometime soonish. The only Gehrig that I will ever need to feel my collection has the proper Gehrig.

sports-vault

Apr 6, 2011
Oyster Bay, NY
Liberate Baltimore said:
Hello everyone,

After 2-1/2 years, I am so proud to announce the completion of my 1933 DeLong project! The incredible design, small set and stellar player selection made this an easy choice for me. Is currently ranked #6 on the SGC Registry with scans of each card (follow link). Also includes an incredibly rare signed card (one of five signed cards from the set known). I'm very excited to have stuck it out and complete this overlooked, but impressive set.

http://www.sgccardregistry.com/set.aspx?cat=1&set=90&userset=6554

James

Congrats. Thats a great set. I just sold a Gehrig SGC 60 in that set bc I didnt like the centering so Im looking for a Gehrig Delong now.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Awesome job completing the set. One of the landmark pre-WWII sets. Such a memorable design. Some of the cards where it looks like the player is climbing over the stadium are my favorites.

I purchased my first one this year, for my Rabbit player collection.

maranville33DELONG.jpg

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
gracecollector said:
Awesome job completing the set. One of the landmark pre-WWII sets. Such a memorable design. Some of the cards where it looks like the player is climbing over the stadium are my favorites.

I purchased my first one this year, for my Rabbit player collection.

maranville33DELONG.jpg

Thanks! For only 24 cards to its history, the DeLongs have left quite an impression. More than half of the set are Hall of Famers!

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Great set and undervalued to me. They are much harder to find than Goudeys and are visually better looking cards.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
fkw said:
R333 Delong , one of my favorite of the mainstream sets, nice classic 30's design

Frank,

Do you consider that set mainstream? It was released nationwide, but for some reason just seems on the cusp of being mass produced? I also think it's important to note that stars from ALL 16 big league teams of the day are present in a set of 24 cards. When I completed the Tattoo Orbit set, I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't a Yankee or Senator to be found.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Wow, huge congrats James! What an awesome set...players, colors, backgrounds, etc...not sure why I don't own one yet. :oops: (Actually didn't think the set had any Red Sox. I'll have to keep an eye out for the Marty :) ) Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts