Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chrome cards and one-touch holders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
I was reading something on this on the subway but forgot which thread it was in. Basically, it was saying how people HATE IT when chrome cards are placed in one touch holders and prefer them in penny sleeve and toploaders...anyone know why one touch is frowned upon?

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Thought is, a one touch has two movable pieces, where a card could possibly slide in between those two pieces and a corner or edge could get dinged or scrunched. With a top loader and penny sleeve, you are just putting the card into a holder with no movable pieces, therefore hopefully alleviating any of the above mentioned issues.

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
Not sure if there was a topic mentioning this regarding chromes spcifically, but people were talking alot about patch cards and foil printed cards that would stick to the top side of a one touch or screw down, which would cause part of the card to flake off when the card is taken out of the holder. Apparently freezing the card in this situation prevents this from happening.

Might not be what your looking for but sounded familiar.

Change your sig! :D

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Ok, cool. I wish I could find that thread again but when you read FCB on the train, you don't always know what "thread" you are in! :D