Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Leaf Rookie Retro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
4 boxes per case (2 cards per box)

Each box contains: 1 buyback authenticated/graded Rookie cards (including autographed vintage rookie cards) - PLUS 1 2011 Leaf Purple Parallel Baseball Autograph from either Metal or Valiant.

PLUS, this product features 25 RANDOMLY INSERTED PURPLE VALIANT ICHIRO SUZUKI ON-CARD AUTOGRAPHED CARDS!!!!!!

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
price check on aisle four? price check...price check

andrew, any other info on this? seems vague. only baseball? possible "hits" like how we saw on retro?

dave

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
So it's happening again? Did he not use up all the cards in the Razor Retro product? Plus adding in 25 Ichiro autos is ok, but not having everything packed out in Valiant is sorta crappy. Why hold stuff back or are those Valiant cards different than were supposed to be in the set?

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
ajbraves25 said:
So it's happening again? Did he not use up all the cards in the Razor Retro product? Plus adding in 25 Ichiro autos is ok, but not having everything packed out in Valiant is sorta crappy. Why hold stuff back or are those Valiant cards different than were supposed to be in the set?

don't think purples were supposed to be in valiant so there was nothing that was held back

dave

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
More info and pricing when I get home from dinner.

Sell sheet shows baseball basketball hockey and football

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
All In Cards said:
PLUS, this product features 25 RANDOMLY INSERTED PURPLE VALIANT ICHIRO SUZUKI ON-CARD AUTOGRAPHED CARDS!!!!!!

Clearly Leaf has over-saturated the market with exclamation points...

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I've always been on the look-out for a strong, well-graded Yount 1975 Topps with an auto (as opposed to All Time Greats and the other one). If something like this were the basis of the product, I think it could be cool. BG gets good copies of the rookie cards, has them signed well (i.e., strong blue, black or silver marker to make them pop), has them authenticated by PSA and packs them out. I think they'd look B.A. (that's bad-ass).

Is it a little like DK Recollections, sure; but it's not as limited.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I am curious to know just how many more 2011 LEAF Valiant cards for each player are going to be hitting the market via 2011 LRR. And despite the fact they are seemingly a new color (purple), I kinda would have liked to know this before investing in Valiant. No big deal though, I'm sure it's only going to be a small handfull, but still...

EDIT: Just to add, I do not think it to be unreasonable to be told if a product your buying in to will have subsiquent releases outside of the product your buying in to (at a later date), despite being a new parallell. It's still adds to the total cards/auto's available of each player of the checklist.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
So, on the sell sheet, I see the Mickey mantle 1952 psa, John wall nt bgs, Lebron exq bgs, Lemieux Bgs, Mj fleer bgs, Montana topps bgs, Tiger bgs, Taillon super, D wade exquisite bgs, Jeter 93 sp bgs, Bryce Harper red base 1/1 bgs and Pujols 01 bc bgs

Hmm, I cant seem to attach the sell sheets at all but I would like to compare the original rookie retro, leaf best and now leaf retro's sell sheets pic of the main hits

Brian, With rookie retro having a checklist, can you please divulge some type of checklist for leaf retro?

Dave

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
matfanofold said:
I am curious to know just how many more 2011 LEAF Valiant cards for each player are going to be hitting the market via 2011 LRR. And despite the fact they are seemingly a new color (purple), I kinda would have liked to know this before investing in Valiant. No big deal though, I'm sure it's only going to be a small handfull, but still...

EDIT: Just to add, I do not think it to be unreasonable to be told if a product your buying in to will have subsiquent releases outside of the product your buying in to (at a later date), despite being a new parallell. It's still adds to the total cards/auto's available of each player of the checklist.

I believe BG did in fact inform us that a new parallel of Metal/Valiant would be inserted into a later product.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
matfanofold said:

I believe BG did in fact inform us that a new parallel of Metal/Valiant would be inserted into a later product.

This is correct, when he showed us pics of full sheets there was purple and BG said they would be inserted in RR.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
ajbraves25 said:

All purples form Metal and Valiant were signed specifically for this item...
No conspiracies here, sorry...
BG

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
matfanofold said:

All cards are #/25... I can search back on FCB, but I even stated in the very begining that purple parallels of metal and Valiant would be found here...
We include original content in repack products to (1) personalize the product to Leaf and (2) satisfy those that question the legal basis for repack items.
BG

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Leaf said:
matfanofold said:

All cards are #/25... I can search back on FCB, but I even stated in the very begining that purple parallels of metal and Valiant would be found here...
We include original content in repack products to (1) personalize the product to Leaf and (2) satisfy those that question the legal basis for repack items.
BG

Very well, like I said above, no big deal...

But mentioning it on a message board is hardly the same as making it known to your potential customers. Unless of course you feel that FCB is the end all be all to your product(s).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts