Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Remember when...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Yikes more than a new release every week...
256.png

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I truely truely miss those days.

Outside of several $3 a pack cookie cutter fleer/ud priducts, each issye was sort of unique. Many were innovative with awsome box toppers etc.

Now we get marquee and a mess of retro.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I loved collecting back in those days, the amount of available cards was staggering and there was always something new coming out. 2001 may have been a little overdone, what with all the sets coming out just to capitalize on Pujols and Ichiro, but I would be a happy collector if we had this many options these days. It's no secret why so many of us actively collect stuff from the late 90's and early 00's; strong competition led to great innovations in cards.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
2001 was the year I got back into collecting. I had a great time. Game used was still new, different, and valuable. An auto was a special treat and a low numbered card was out of 250.

I miss those days

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
cgilmo said:
Those were the good ole days!
Lots of products but no competition amongst dealers!

Dude there was TONS of competition

I'd estimate there were 20-25 shops in Rhode Island in those days (including one in the same building as a gun shop!). Too many, yes, but the ones that were worth going to really tried to make sure you kept going back to them. That's one thing I really miss, a wide variety of shops to choose from. There's only a handful in RI now, and a few of those are completely worthless. None of them have a good stock of cheap old boxes or packs, and singles are limited or overpriced. I just wish I had the money then that I do now; could have enjoyed all of those shops a lot more than I did.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
cgilmo said:
Those were the good ole days!
Lots of products but no competition amongst dealers!

Dude there was TONS of competition
Dude,
I'm not talking about a few trying to undercut each other with box prices,
I'm saying There were a TON more products to choose from and not every dealer HAD to BUY everything out there..
LOTS of CHOICES!!!

NOT like it is now, Fewer products and everyone opening up the same stuff and every buyer of a box is a seller now!

Members online

Latest posts