Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Here is a new one - another buyer's remorse...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Sold a Jayson Werth hope diamond. Card in question is pictured below. Here is what he said to me:

"I received the card, but wow man, you've got to be kidding me. This card is not worth nearly what I paid. There is wear on the front of the card causing the world "Outfield" to be missing parts of nearly every letter (T, F and E are the only ones completely intact.) Also, the silver part of the card on the bottom right has several large scuffs! What will be done about this?"

Of course no scuffs but there HAS to be something else to go along with how displeased he is that the world "outfield" has missing parts for each letter, right?

KGrHqEOKooE5kD51V-.jpg

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
ajbraves25 said:
Are those numbered extremely low? What was the final selling price?

#'d/60 and it was for $12.75 dlvd - I'm pretty sure he found another one at a lower price. Nothing I can really do, I don't want to deal with it. I offered him a refund once the card is returned. Hopefully it is in the same condition as the picture above.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
cjb9421 said:
I just searched the auction.

For the future, don't except returns because then theres a lot less chances for these BS stories.

It's a little more complicated than that. With ebay, the buyer has all the power. If I don't accept returns I get hit with a negative feedback and low DSR's, then I lose my power seller status and the 20% discount on ebay fees. You can only get like 2 or 3 low DSR scores throughout the year.

It sucks.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Oh man, I'm getting a negative for this one. He just sent a message want me to pay him to return it ::facepalm::

I told him:

I will refund you $12.75 if you are not happy with your purchase. The card in question is pictured clearly within the auction. Refunds are not given on return shipping. Thank you

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
LOL

Here's his response:

"How about you refund $8.00 and we call it even?"

Any suggestions? This is comical

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin
markakis8 said:
LOL

Here's his response:

"How about you refund $8.00 and we call it even?"

Any suggestions? This is comical

This happens way too often anymore. I refund all or nothing and only when the card is returned (which got me a neg a while back).

Please post the ID so we don't have to deal with his crap.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
miltonbeckett is his name

I told him returned card gets full refund or nothing. I'm full expecting the N-Bomb on this one.

Can I show ebay this last email and tell them he is blackmailing me if he leaves me negative feedback? I find it convenient he was disgusted by the card the first email and now he's willing to keep it.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
He has decided to open a case against me on ebay - item not as described.

"The card has scuffs, is missing partial letters, and is bent. The seller offered refund if I paid for return shipping, which then puts me at a negative, without receiving an item... that does not seem fair to me."

Now the card is bent ::facepalm::

What does he want? He wants $10 refund now instead of $8... ::facepalm::

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can beat this?

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
markakis8 said:
He has decided to open a case against me on ebay - item not as described.

"The card has scuffs, is missing partial letters, and is bent. The seller offered refund if I paid for return shipping, which then puts me at a negative, without receiving an item... that does not seem fair to me."

Now the card is bent ::facepalm::

What does he want? He wants $10 refund now instead of $8... ::facepalm::

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can beat this?

Forward the emails and show his story changing?

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
People just act disgusting when they think nobody is watching. It will never end. It's just human nature and it is only magnified by this hobby. There are plenty of great folks in the hobby too, but this is just a side or it that there will never be a way around.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
It should be against eBay policy to request any kind of partial refund, if your not happy, return for a full refund or nothing. If the seller wishes to try and negotiate a discount/partial refund for a other than satisfied customer, thats one thing but a buyer should not be allowed to request this. That would put an end to all this BS...

EDIT: And thanks, DB blocked.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
him opening a claim was the best thing he could have done for you, because now YOu can esculate
it and choose the full refund on return of card option. once you do that he cannot do anything but that.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
boomo said:
him opening a claim was the best thing he could have done for you, because now YOu can esculate
it and choose the full refund on return of card option. once you do that he cannot do anything but that.

This is exactly what I did and he escalated it for me.

Members online

Latest posts