Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Reyes Reportedly Agrees To Terms W/ Marlins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jan 15, 2009
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/3605/jose-reyes
Jose Reyes has agreed to terms with the Miami Marlins, according to Dino Costa of SiriusXM.
Terms haven't been disclosed, though we know Miami made a pair of large offers to Reyes and Albert Pujols over the last week. Jorge Sedano of 790 AM The Ticket in Miami reported earlier that Reyes signing with the Marlins is "almost a done deal." Both reports haven't been backed by the club's beat writers -- yet. Reyes was seeking a Carl Crawford-type deal (seven years, $142 million). If the reports are indeed true, Hanley Ramirez would likely shift to third base next season. Reyes is coming of an impressive .337/.384/.493 campaign with the Mets. Nov 13 - 5:05 PM
Source: Dino Costa on Twitter

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
hoopster3977 said:
miguelcabrera said:
hanley as a non SS, his card values decrease?
Ripken's didn't, and Hanley is a better talent.

completely different situations. first of all cal was a SS most of his career, whereas hanley wont be if this happens. second, ripken was a HOFer with the streak etc and ripkens cards outsell hanleys for that reason even when they were both SS's and hanley was in his prime (2 or so years ago). i see hanleys value dropping slightly if this happens. where has tomlinson21rb been tho?

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
mredsox89 said:
Marlins sources are claiming otherwise. But I would bet it happens eventually
Yeah, I read about this last night.

I believe it is one person tweeting it, so I wouldn't call it a done deal. Probably happens eventually, but doesn't seem like it's done.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
in addition, i really wanna be happy for the marlins that they look to be getting better b/c i have always liked them, but then i keep remembering most of their fans are also heat fans ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
miguelcabrera said:
in addition, i really wanna be happy for the marlins that they look to be getting better b/c i have always liked them, but then i keep remembering most of their fans are also heat fans ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

You're wrong, Marlins don't have fans.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Funny thing here is the mets knew they were not gonna sign reyes and just let him walk. If I were a Met fan I would be livid.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
jcmint said:
Funny thing here is the mets knew they were not gonna sign reyes and just let him walk. If I were a Met fan I would be livid.

If you were a Met fan, you'd be used to the management letting you down.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
hive17 said:
jcmint said:

Zing...

Personally Reyes seems like the type of player who is a very risky contract, and the Mets cannot afford a risky long term contract right now, especially since they are at least a couple of years away from competing. IMO gut the team, and restart.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
hive17 said:
jcmint said:

Zing...

Personally Reyes seems like the type of player who is a very risky contract, and the Mets cannot afford a risky long term contract right now, especially since they are at least a couple of years away from competing. IMO gut the team, and restart.

Sure thing and that could have been started by trading reyes and getting so very good players. What a joke of a front office.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
jcmint said:
Topnotchsy said:
hive17 said:
jcmint said:

Zing...

Sure thing and that could have been started by trading reyes and getting so very good players. What a joke of a front office.
It is hard to understand especially since attendance was down even with Reyes. (Most everything I seen [based on statistics] says that it is a winning team, and not specific players, that draw people to the stadium.

sunojorel

Oct 5, 2010
GAP, PA
jcmint said:

Yeah,
I'm a met fan and loathe the fact that this is the team I root for during times like this.

Really Alderson et all REALLY??

Marlins were bottom 50% of league, so Mets under old CBA wouldn't get 1st rounder form them, supplimental and 2nd would be the compensation,

BUT THATS UNDER THE OLD AGREEMENT, NOONE KNOW HOW THE NEW ONE WILL SHAKE OUT AND THEY ARE LEFT HOLDING .......AS A RESULT....

ARRGGH

Well at least i have the Knicks,......lol

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Mets fans,

If Reyes was not with your team for the past nine years would you be so angry at management for not making a run at him in free agency or are you just upset that you will not be retaining his services. It is proven that IF healthy, Reyes is one of the most dynamic players in the game and would seem to fit your ballpark perfectly. BUT in a day and age with huge multiyear contracts and players seemingly not giving any type of home town discount, can a struggling franchise that is in financial turmoil and in year one of management changeover really afford to give out a 4-6 year deal worth over a hundred million dollars to a player that has spent significant time on the disabled list in each of the past three seasons. I feel for you Mets fans, but your franchise is rebuilding. Sometimes its hard to not get caught up in the fact that the player will be leaving your team, but its also important to look at the market. If the roles were reversed and Reyes had been with the Marlins for the past nine years you can bet that the Mets would not be players in his free-agency. Alderson and Collins have already said that they love Reyes on and off the field, but making a long term commitment to someone who's game is speed and cannot keep his legs healthy, just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Get the draft compensation picks, trade Wright, start to rebuild the farm system.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Zymco said:
Mets fans,

If Reyes was not with your team for the past nine years would you be so angry at management for not making a run at him in free agency or are you just upset that you will not be retaining his services. It is proven that IF healthy, Reyes is one of the most dynamic players in the game and would seem to fit your ballpark perfectly. BUT in a day and age with huge multiyear contracts and players seemingly not giving any type of home town discount, can a struggling franchise that is in financial turmoil and in year one of management changeover really afford to give out a 4-6 year deal worth over a hundred million dollars to a player that has spent significant time on the disabled list in each of the past three seasons. I feel for you Mets fans, but your franchise is rebuilding. Sometimes its hard to not get caught up in the fact that the player will be leaving your team, but its also important to look at the market. If the roles were reversed and Reyes had been with the Marlins for the past nine years you can bet that the Mets would not be players in his free-agency. Alderson and Collins have already said that they love Reyes on and off the field, but making a long term commitment to someone who's game is speed and cannot keep his legs healthy, just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Get the draft compensation picks, trade Wright, start to rebuild the farm system.
Well put!

Mets/Jets

Sep 11, 2011
Zymco said:
Mets fans,

Get the draft compensation picks, KEEP David Wright, rebuild the farm system.

This is very true about Reyes. I say keep Wright and see if he can hit in the new park. People want to see somebody. I aint waiting in line for an auto of Angel Pagan.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
rico08 said:
miguelcabrera said:

You're wrong, Marlins don't have fans.

Don't be Jealous.

Even though Pujols is a better player, Reyes is a better fit for our team. We either need a 3b or a CF cause Bonafacio cant play both but could play either. Reyes moves Hanley to 3b or CF and Boni can play the other. Gaby is a good enough 1b, that we dont NEED Pujols.

So Reyes is so much better than our non existant 3b / CF that he's worth more that Pujols would be over Gaby.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Zymco said:
Mets fans,

I agree about reyes game and I am also a huge critic who thinks he half asses alot of times but who could you not trade him for real value if they knew they would not retain him. its bad business and will leave mets fans with a crappy taste when buying tickets

Members online

Latest posts