Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Matt Kemp 8/160 Dodgers paid Him!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
SI_JonHeymanJon Heyman
kemp & dodgers are in agreement, pending physical. @Ken_Rosenthal reported $160M for 8 yrs. good deal for all
SI_JonHeymanJon Heyman
sounds like no full no-trade clause for kemp. cant imagine new owner - whoever that is - will want to trade him tho

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
Exposfan said:
SI_JonHeymanJon Heyman
kemp & dodgers are in agreement, pending physical. @Ken_Rosenthal reported $160M for 8 yrs. good deal for all
SI_JonHeymanJon Heyman
sounds like no full no-trade clause for kemp. cant imagine new owner - whoever that is - will want to trade him tho

As a Dodger fan and with all the ownership mess it's nice to hear some genuinely great news! Now on to penning Kershaw to a long term deal...

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
There is significant risk with this deal. One step backwards and it looks like a bad signing. I guess this goes with anyone, but Kemp hasn't shown the year-to-year consistency to be a 20mil player.

I would have made my first priority to be signing Kershaw.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Atleast this isn't being called a "hometown discount" like Mauer's contract.

Dodgers fans better pray that Kemp doesn't develop "Mauer Power"

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
Dodgers overpaid on this one. Obviously, he had a great year last year but before then he wasn't a 20 mil/yr player. Never had a 30 HR year before this year. Was mainly a .450-.500 slugger before this year. Obviously, if he continues to play like he did in 2011, he will be more than worth it. If he's producing 25 HR and 90 RBI in 600 at-bats, then this contact will be painful.

Hollywood

Jan 30, 2010
Great signing. He would have been offered 25m+ per by both Yanks and Sox next off season. Look at it the other way, instead of what if he is worse next season. What if he has a better season than the one he just had, and hit free agency after his age 27 season. He would cost oh so much more. Everyone that has put up similar seasons to the one Kemp just did is in the HOF(it's a short list), and his numbers were even better than most all of those seasons. It's not like this is his only great season. He's won a gold glove and silver slugger in both age 24 and 26 seasons. And got distracted by Rihanna his age 25 season. It wasn't a career year, he is this good. Now go get another bat in the lineup and I don't mean Doumit. Please, I ask that you do not give Juan Uribe at bats again. LA has it's new Kobe.

Members online