Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Topps USA Boxed Sets Return

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
No pics of the cards themselves yet, but here's a preview. Fingers crossed the parallels will be machine numbered this time.

By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

The red, white and blue are back — in boxed set form — once again.

Topps released the basic information for its 2011 USA Baseball box set on Monday — an annual collecting staple that lets collectors get some of the earliest cards of potential future stars years before they might ever play in the big leagues all in one place.

This year’s set, which will include seven autographs, three Relics and a 61-card base set in every box, will arrive on Dec. 14.

Each box will include five standard autograph cards, two autographed Relics and three triple Relic cards showcasing the players from this year’s Collegiate, 18U and 16U teams.

The base set will include 22 Collegiate teamers, 19 members of the 18U team and 20 members of the 16U team. Each case will include eight sets.

For the autographs, new this year will be Gold parallels — cards limited to just 25 copies singed in gold ink. There also will be red (/99) and Green 1/1 parallels as well. Autographed Triple Relics will have Gold (/20) and Green (1/1) foil parallels as new additions along with the Reds limited to 25.

Triple Relics will be paralleled with Red foil (/25) and Gold (/10) while there also will be Green 1/1s to be found.

Lastly, all base cards will also have printing plates.

http://www.beckett.com/news/2011/11/usabb/

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Weimer said:
Is there a checklist yet or any idea of who's in the product?

Go to USAbaseball.com to look at the rosters. Keep in mind though, Topps won't get everyone from all teams.

Chrisdg19006

Dec 16, 2010
I might pick up a box, but the fact that these guys already have Chrome cards makes this less desirable imo

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
so we don't know yet if they will do a retail version like last year? I waited too long on the hobby boxed version to see if I could get it cheaper than at release and ended up getting the retail version set for the PC.

jdk16

Mar 29, 2011
Chrisdg19006 said:
I might pick up a box, but the fact that these guys already have Chrome cards makes this less desirable imo

that and they hold very little future value keeps me from buying

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Hand numbered. ::facepalm:: At least they warn you.

However, I see that term isn't used with reference to the Triple Relic parallels, so I'm assuming those will be machine numbered.

0000_USA_Sheet.jpg

Members online

Latest posts