Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ever have those cards that just...disappear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
Those cards that you KNOW you own, and are in your possession somewhere, but you can't find them no matter where/how hard you look? The three Hunter's in this picture are that way for me...No clue where they went. And they're /25. :( Also happened with a Jeter rookie I had back in the day...

Cards1004.jpg

Phishmon23

Aug 7, 2008
Boston, MA
Whenever things like this happen, my wife says its like putting something in a savings account. You can't touch it and you can't see it, but its there somewhere!

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
when you find my hand made topps sets from 69-72 i will compensate you.

you traded the cards to me, you were drunk and told me to hold them for you.

"they are not in the bank, they kicked you out for saying you would rob this place, and wouldnt even have to be drunk"

my brother has them (or at least half of them, and i cant remember where the other half is)

need another alibi?

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Check behind any and all furniture, especially where u keep cards.

I couldn't find an eee marc krause auto /5 for a yr. Convinced myself I sold it only to find it by mistake when I moved the table my cards are on. And in the same team bag was a josh bell blue auto I totally forgot I had.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I had that happen once but it ended up I had sold it in a lot and forgot about it... ::facepalm::

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I have a certain Rickey Henderson auto #03/24 somewhere, hopefully. I traded it because I already had #01/24 & #24/24. I had it sitting on a stereo next to my computer while I was working out the details of the trade. Then I moved. I unpacked all of my stuff, and it was nowhere to be found. I'm hoping that someday I'm going to find a magical box with it in there. It won't be a box full of cards, it will probably be random crap like pens and a notepad and a mouse pad, just all the little crap I had laying around my computer. It's just that by now it's been like 6 years and 3 moves later. Seems like I should have found it.

I feel bad about losing it, not because I don't really seem to have it anymore, but I had worked out the trade and then got totally flakey and had to say "I lost the card." :|

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
hive17 said:
YES. This guy below just disappeared into thin air:

YountMolitor.jpg

That card is sweet!

Only card I can remember having this happen to was an '89 UD Griffey rc when I was a kid. I'm 95% sure my friend's brother stole it, but I could never proove it. One of these days I'll pick one up off ebay.

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
They have been found! Kind of. When I moved into my house in January, my parents made me take all the crap I still had sitting at their house in storage. I was going through the stuff a few weeks ago and found two of the three red Hunters together....In a paper grocery bag with about 2000 late 80s Topps cards...Really glad I went through the bag before I just tossed it.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
I had the opposite happen - I moved a year ago and have boxes and binders of cards that just don't get attention. A few days ago I opened a binder that I use for Bowmans Best and Bowman Sterling over the years. I never bought much - opened a pack here and there and put them in pages in this binder - I'm leafing through it and happen upon on a 2009 Bowman Sterling Trout Auto - I had no idea I had that card. Probably will pay for all of the Bowman's BEst and Bowman Sterling I've bought over the years.

Members online