Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Independent Baseball tries to hard....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Do you see a problem with this logo & team name?

Rippers1.jpg

Its the logo for the London Rippers based in London, Ontario. The backstory: the logo is Diamond Jack, a hockey player turned baseball player who is sporting a top hat and a overcoat like Jack the Ripper

Plus this post is a another reason to post my favorite failed mascot:

2i7vj9g_02.jpg

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Jack The Ripper was alive over 100 years ago. His victims and their immediate families are long since dead

Seriously, who gives a ****?

Maybe you should get butt-hurt over Donruss Crusades. Hundreds of thousands died during those

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
JoshHamilton said:
Jack The Ripper was alive over 100 years ago. His victims and their immediate families are long since dead

Seriously, who gives a ****?

Maybe you should get butt-hurt over Donruss Crusades. Hundreds of thousands died during those

Thanked.

I suppose you're one of the people that is offended by "The Fighting Souix" or the "Indians" too?

I see nothing wrong with it. Sure the back story is atrocious, but who cares?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Topps should come out with a set called Topps Holocaust.

That's effectively what they do to their customers with every set they put out

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
JoshHamilton said:

Topps Trail of Tears? Used blanket swatches?

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
JoshHamilton said:

Seriously, who gives a shat?

Naming a team after a murderer is all good now...got it. Nice to see the "line" is getting blurred more and more. So in 50 years it should be ok for some German soccer team to name themselves the Berlin Hitlers or something like that.

Look I get what you're saying and I also don't give a "shat", but I am sure that many can see why it's in bad taste.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I think you got to post something people where you are posting at will get pissy and huffy about to care - a podunk minor league team featuring a mascot that maybe referencing a serial killer in the late 1800s - nah, no big deal, everyone is being forced to be too PC about everything these days, blah, blah, blah.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
JoshHamilton said:

And it could be an Allen & Ginter-style holographic set featuring various types of corrosive compounds.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
IndyManning18 said:
I have no problem with it at all. I do have one question, though. Where can I buy a hoodie of the team?

I might struggle to support European baseball, but i think its a cool logo. Dont have to agree with what it stands for.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
TomMurry said:
IndyManning18 said:
I have no problem with it at all. I do have one question, though. Where can I buy a hoodie of the team?

I might struggle to support European baseball, but i think its a cool logo. Dont have to agree with what it stands for.

That's London.............Ontario.

I'm not sure the English would stoop to our level to play such a game as stickball.

Members online

Latest posts