Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

do you think shill bidding is going on in this auction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
It's hard to know for sure. It does look a little suspicious. Your best bet is to snipe. I use gixen, it's free and I've only missed 1 auction in 2 years. Since I started paying for the mirror I haven't missed any.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
cubfan131 said:
It's hard to know for sure. It does look a little suspicious. Your best bet is to snipe. I use gixen, it's free and I've only missed 1 auction in 2 years. Since I started paying for the mirror I haven't missed any.

thanks my give that a try.

A_Pharis

Hard to tell for sure without knowing what the other item he bid on is.

However, he may just be a new Bernie Williams or Yankees collector. Of his 5 bids, 3 of them are on this item. The other two are on a different item to a different seller.
I don't think he'd bid on stuff from other sellers (spending money) while at the same time trying to pump up his auction (more money). They'd even out.
My honest opinion? Not a shiller... but, go with your gut. Best way to know for sure is to let him win... watch for feedback and see if it's relisted.
But then you'd be out your card.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
A_Pharis said:

However, he may just be a new Bernie Williams or Yankees collector. Of his 5 bids, 3 of them are on this item. The other two are on a different item to a different seller.
I don't think he'd bid on stuff from other sellers (spending money) while at the same time trying to pump up his auction (more money). They'd even out.
My honest opinion? Not a shiller... but, go with your gut. Best way to know for sure is to let him win... watch for feedback and see if it's relisted.

ill see if i can hang in and get it. some of these cards dont show up often, i hate to let it go.

p.s. your collection is off the hook.

A_Pharis

joey12508 said:
A_Pharis said:

ill see if i can hang in and get it. some of these cards dont show up often, i hate to let it go.

p.s. your collection is off the hook.

Thanks a ton! Always good to get some appreciation for years of scouring. Good luck getting the card!
BTW, are you a Bernie collector? If so... Do you have the 2004 Cracker Jack mini-blue? PM me your contact info if you need it.

Members online

Latest posts