Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stan Musial autos lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
I know it may sacrilegious to say, but I think card companies should leave Stan out of auto sets from now on. Just saw a Musial auto from Topps Tier one and it's not looking good. Obviously he is getting older and maybe losing his sight or whatever but I think it's time he stopped signing. There's plenty of his autos out there already, let the guy relax.

Sorry if ruffling feathers, but damn. The Topps Tier One card alone is #/99.

Just my thoughts

~AJ

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Nobody is holding a gun to his head telling him to sign. He's doing it b/c he personally still wants to do it. For the older players, this is how they made their money. Good for him to still be active and kickin' and willing to sign. I admire that in him when he could easily just stop.

stanthemanfan

Apr 14, 2010
Greenville, Sc
I haven't seen one of his recent autos, but my favorite on card auto is this one.
Please post a scan of the one you are referring to if you have it.

StanMusialAuto.jpg

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
I'm using my phone so I can't post a pic, but I saw one looking at ebay. I know I'll get flamed, but just doesn't look good anymore. I get that he may want to still participate and that's nice, but clearly he can't sign well at all anymore.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
I'm no expert on Musial but from what I've read in a quick Google search, Musial is involved with multiple charities and devotes much of his time to charity work. I'd be willing to bet that at least a decent portion of the money he makes from signing autographs goes towards those charities. If this is true then I hope he signs for as long as he can pick up a pen.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
schmidtfan20 said:
weak Musial signed card>Bryce Harpers weak sig.

Kevin

Agreed! Heck, his 90 year old signature is better than most 18 year old prospects, not just Harper.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
There are 19 year old players with worse signatures, and they are healthy. Shall they stop also?

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
stanthemanfan said:
Here is the scan from ebay .. Just to be clear, no flame from me... Just interesting topic.

StanMusialTier1One.jpg
Definitely not what it used to be but dang! Did Topps actually make a really nice looking auto set? Hell, what set is that? Haven't paid much attention to recent sets as of late...

stanthemanfan

Apr 14, 2010
Greenville, Sc
I just wanted to add that not only does he do good work for charities, he also is one of the best examples I have met of a true gentleman in baseball. I setup at the Grand Ole Opry Hotel show in Nashville back in 1988 and he was the main auto guest. I was impressed that he took the microphone and thanked everyone for coming to the show and said he would be glad to take pictures with anyone that asked. He took the time to speak to each person in line. I got my first autograph in person from him that day and I hope to pick up many more in the future.

Paul

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
scotty21690 said:
stanthemanfan said:
Here is the scan from ebay .. Just to be clear, no flame from me... Just interesting topic.

StanMusialTier1One.jpg
Definitely not what it used to be but dang! Did Topps actually make a really nice looking auto set? Hell, what set is that? Haven't paid much attention to recent sets as of late...
Yup, then they filled it mostly with scrubs you've never heard of... :lol:

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
scotty21690 said:
stanthemanfan said:

StanMusialTier1One.jpg

+1 Scotty, that is actually a nice card and although the auto isn't what it once was, it still isn't that bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts