Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Support Your Local Card Shop CONTEST - WINNERS ANNOUNCED pg4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
This contest will be closed for submissions at 11:59pm est on Saturday 7 January 2012 and the winners will be announced no later than 14 January.

First off the prize:
Three winners who will each receive $150 store credit to their local card shop.

I am fronting $300 of my own money and FCB is adding in another $150. Thanks Gilmore!!!

Details:

- Go to your local card shop and buy anything. Even if you only spend $5 that is fine, but id like it to be at least $5. After you do this take a picture of yourself outside of your card shop with the item you purchased and make sure the name of the shop is visible in the picture. Or if you're friends with the owner or shop worker take a pic of you and them in front of the store. Dont be shy if you can only get a pack of cards or something, the whole point of this is to support your local shop and every dollar counts. The amount you spend has no effect on your chances of winning.

- Take this picture and upload it into this thread along with all the details of the shop. Shop name, owner name, address, and phone number. Ill explain why later.

- Also in your post i want you to write a little bit about your shop. A minimum of 3 sentences. Everything you know about the shop, how long you've been shopping there. Your favorite thing about the shop, best pull, things you dont like, etc. There is no limit to how much you can write about your shop and i will be reading every single post.

- Only one submission per person per shop. So if you happen to have three shops near you then you can submit 3 times, one for each shop. And members only please. Dont be taking a pic of yourself and submitting, then taking a pic of your 6 year old kid in front of the shop and submit them too. Integrity people.

If you are close with your shop owner or are not shy about talking to them please let them know about this contest because if you are selected as the winner ill be contacting them and it will be easier when talking with them.

How it will work: After the contest is closed there will be three winners randomly selected. What will then happen is i will post who the winners are and pm each of you to request your first and last name. I will then contact the shop you posted and explain to the worker about the contest and that one of their customers won. (Hopefully you explained the contest to them already and it will make it easier.) I will then coordinate with the shop owner that i am purchasing $150 store credit for the winner (thats why i need your full name). I will coordinate payment with the shop and once the transaction is complete i will pm the winner that they can go to their shop and claim their store credit.

The reason i am not just sending paypal to the winner is because they will end up not spending at their shop and that would defeat the purpose of this contest.

best of luck to everyone who enters.

Any questions please feel free to send me a pm.

Ken

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Re: Support Your Local Card Shop CONTEST ends 7 Jan 2012

A_Pharis said:
Great contest! Maybe if there were more support like this out there then I'd actually HAVE a card shop within 150 miles.

Yeah i realize there will be people who may not have a shop near them. Thats also a big reason for this contest. Because there are hardly any shops anymore.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA

Great contest, but I have been lucky enough to have been going to the same card shop for over 25 years..

Thanks for the donations from you and FCB..

Good luck to the winners..

TiajuanaDonkey

Jan 19, 2010

awesome contest...but it sucks for guys like me who don't have a LOCAL Card Shop :cry:

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY

I have no interest in winning but I would like to plug my LCS.I have been in the hobby for 25 years and this the best shop I have ever been in.
Finnegans Sports Cards
1593 Central Avenue, Albany, NY 12205-2400
(518) 218-0578

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles

Celebrating 30 years in SoCal! Come visit Valley Sports Cards, Memorabilia, & Picture Framing and the newest expansion, Valley Sports Cards South.

19640 & 19642 Ventura Blvd.
Tarzana, CA 91356
http://www.valleysportscards.com

Keep the brick-and-mortars alive!

chilly55

May 16, 2010

Good luck to everyone who has a shop near them. There isn't a shop anywhere in my area and wouldn't know if there were any in any of the neighboring counties. We had 4 close down within 5 years. All refused to embrace the internet except for Family Sports Cards. They were the last to go only because he retired :(

Bill

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY

hofmichael said:
I have no interest in winning but I would like to plug my LCS.I have been in the hobby for 25 years and this the best shop I have ever been in.
Finnegans Sports Cards
1593 Central Avenue, Albany, NY 12205-2400
(518) 218-0578

I couldnt agree with Mike more. Its the best shop I have been in as well and its the only one in the albany area I'll even step foot in.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011

aw hell, quit gripin about being too far, find one and go :lol:
i am 70 miles either way and i will be going to treat myself for christmas as usual. my old lady always freaks out when i buy a high end box and get like 10 cards or something for 200 bucks :benson:
thanks for the contest, i hope i remember to enter

This is Tom (the ripper) Key, outside of Big League Cards here in sunny Orlando FL! http://www.facebook.com/BigLeagueCardsFL
I bought a pack of 2011 Topps Chrome football (which is about $5, but I've spent lots of money there over the years)

outsideBL.jpg

Big League is owned and operated by Alan Narz and located at:
920 East Semoran BLVD, Casselberry FL, 32707
407-834-CARD

All of the "rip-partys" were filmed at Big League and I've been a "ripper" many times. I've also been putting together a video every month for Tracy Hackler showing Panini product being opened at Big League, (example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Pd_E1TWG8 ). The store itself has been open since 1992 but I've only been going there since 2005 or so. The "rip-partys" would have to be the most fun I've ever had there, we don't really do them anymore though.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX

cstore2.jpg

Pack purchased: 2011 Crown Royale $30 after taxes.

Store Name: Austin Sports Connection
Owner name: Bobby or James
8312 Burnet Rd # 119, Austin, TX 78757-7763
(512) 458-6433 ?

This is the place I usually go. He has the best prices on boxes and packs locally and is the closest store to me. I have been going there since I moved to Austin and he has always been kind to me. They offer a member program where you sign up and you get discounts on packs and boxes.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL

shopfront.jpg

businesscard.jpg

Bought a box of 2011 Certified football.

Greg is a great guy, I've known him since I was 11 years old. I have worked for him at two different shops, managing both of them. Always taken care of me when I needed something or if I needed to run a tab. He has a bit of everything. Went up there today hoping to get a box or two of Draft, but he won't have it til Monday so I got a box of Certified football instead.

Great contest!

Thanks

~AJ

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA

This is Neil (rickeyfanatic) outside Southeastern Sports Cards. 4 packs of Topps Chrome Football. Scott is the owner of the business and is a great guy. I have been going to his shop in Westport Ma since he moved here from Fairhaven Ma. I have been visiting his shop for over 4 years now. He is always on the lookout for Hendersons for me that I don't have, and he has helped me get 3-5 autograph cards, and some very nice patches as well. I enjoy talking to him about the hobby, he is always helpful and he's also funny and honest. He is the only local shop I go to, and will continue to go to!

Thanks for the contest.
Neil
IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA

four submissions so far. Geez i was thinking with three $150 prizes more people would be entering. Still have just over a month though. Good luck everyone.

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL

I went to my local card shop, Collector's Attic, in Tallahassee, FL this morning. Purchased a box of 2011 Topps Chrome, as well as some various singles from their $1 box. Had a great box break, actually... only 3 packs in the entire box had base cards only. Pulled a refractor out of the first 5 packs and a blue refractor out of the 6th pack. Yankees and Braves fans would love the break... first 3 packs had a Phil Hughes ref, Mariano Rivera ref, and a Robinson Cano ref. Later in the box pulled a Bombers' Double Play Duo (Jeter/Cano) Heritage Chrome ref /562. The two autos I pulled were a Brandon Beachy and a Freddie Freeman redemption. Anyhow, here is the pic the person working at the store took of me, along with info on the card shop.

IMG_1524.jpg

CAinfo.jpg

Members online

Latest posts