Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA CARDINALS TOP 10 PRINT EDITION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
CARDINALS Top 10
1 Shelby Miller
2 Carlos Martinez
3 Oscar Tavares
4 Zack Cox
5 Kolten Wong
6 Tyrelll Jenkins
7 Lance Lynn
8 Eduardo Sanchez
9 Matt Adams
10 Jordan Swagerty
Tools

Average Oscar Taveres
Power Hitter Matt Adams
Strike Zone Discipline Matt Carpenter
Baserunner CJ Mcelroy
Athlete Tyrell Jenkins
Fastball Shelby Miller
Curveball Carlos Martinez
Slider Jordan Swagerty
Change-up John Gast
Control Boone Whiting
Defensive Catcher Tony Cruz
Defensive Infielder Ryan Jackson
Infield Arm Pete Kozma
Defensive OF Shane Robinson
OF Arm Tommy Pham

Projected Lineup 2013
C Yadier Molina
1b Allen Craig
2b Kolten Wong
SS Ryan Jackson
3b David Freese
LF Matt Holliday
RF Oscar Taveres
CF Jon Jay
1 Starter Shelby Miller
2 Adam Wainright
3 Jaime Garcia
4 Carlos Martinez
5 Tyrell Jenkins
Closer Jason Motte

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Exposfan said:
Fastball Shelby Miller

Miller over Martinez in this category? Somehow I find that hard to believe.

The Cards' top 10 looks a helluva lot more impressive than last year, that's for sure. I would have found room for Tilson in the Top 10.

des1984

Aug 6, 2009
Exposfan said:
Projected Lineup 2013
C Yadier Molina
1b Allen Craig
2b Kolten Wong
SS Ryan Jackson
3b David Freese
LF Matt Holliday
RF Oscar Taveres
CF Jon Jay
1 Starter Shelby Miller
2 Adam Wainright
3 Jaime Garcia
4 Carlos Martinez
5 Tyrell Jenkins
Closer Jason Motte

So I find it interesting that they don't have Pujols at first. This, I would think, is because of his current free agent status...but if we do sign, I wonder if that moves Taveras to CF and Craig to right? Just not sure I'm sold on Jay being the CF of choice currently considering how bad his bat was at the end last year.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Surprised not to see Nick Martini as best outfield arm at least. He has the single best arm I have seen on Cape in 5 seasons for any outfielder. There was no one even close to some of the throws I saw him make.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Ryan The Orange said:
Seems like a lot of young players for two years away...

Sure, but that's because the system has been improved a lot lately, and through the draft & signings. Would have been worse if Wong was 18.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
Is Swagerty really good? I saw he threw as a starter and a reliever in 2011, maybe that's why he's not part of the projected llineup, i don't know him at all.

I'm not joking: i just pulled his Bowman Chrome Yellow Printing Plate Auto 20 minutes ago :D

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
sebpoo said:
Is Swagerty really good? I saw he threw as a starter and a reliever in 2011, maybe that's why he's not part of the projected llineup, i don't know him at all.

I'm not joking: i just pulled his Bowman Chrome Yellow Printing Plate Auto 20 minutes ago :D

Well, Panini thinks there's magic in him, so there ya go.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
sebpoo said:

Swagerty is good. Had a chance to see him a lot this year. Really solid stuff, but nothing spectacular. He's embraced the move to the pen and will be in St Louis sooner than later.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Anybody got anything recent on Seth Blair? I know he really struggled with his control this year and seems to be destined for the bullpen. He's from a small town in Illinois where I was born and have family so I'm rooting for him to make it one day.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
mredsox89 said:
Life for Ryan Jackson :lol:

Cardinals fans are actually really, really high on him because of how bad shortstop has been for the Cardinals for the last few years.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The list is now online, for those subscribers who want to read the scouting reports.

Members online