Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

'09 NON-prospect breakout canidates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Every year a few non-prospect players cards blow up in the hobby. Josh Hamilton, Jack Cust, Lance Berkman, Ian Kinsler, and Edison Volquez are a few examples from the '08 season. What non-prospects do you see breaking out in '09? I'll list some of my picks in a few.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
I like Miguel Cabrera this year. He has had a year to adjust to the AL and he had a great year last season. I also like Nick Markakis and Chad Billingsley.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Ricky Nolasco- Showed a ton potential in the second half of the '08 season. Put up a number of double digit strikeout games.
Carl Crawford- He's got to be added to this list every year. He always seems to be right on the edge of breaking out.
Jonathan Sanchez- If he gets his control down he could be pretty nasty. Could put up some big strikeout numbers.
Milledge/Dukes- Both have a ton of potential. Lets see if they can keep their heads straight.
Kelly Shoppach- With Victor Martinez moving to 1st he should get plenty of AB's. He hit 21 homeruns in 300ish AB's last year. Could be a 35+ HR threat.
Ervin Santana- All-star caliber player. Could win 18+ games and put up 200k's this year.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I think we could see a resurgence of Clay Buchholz in Boston. Wont start the year in the rotation but he could make an early appearance.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
AKA Coastal said:
Ricky Nolasco- Showed a ton potential in the second half of the '08 season. Put up a number of double digit strikeout games.
Carl Crawford- He's got to be added to this list every year. He always seems to be right on the edge of breaking out.
Jonathan Sanchez- If he gets his control down he could be pretty nasty. Could put up some big strikeout numbers.
Milledge/Dukes- Both have a ton of potential. Lets see if they can keep their heads straight.
Kelly Shoppach- With Victor Martinez moving to 1st he should get plenty of AB's. He hit 21 homeruns in 300ish AB's last year. Could be a 35+ HR threat.
Ervin Santana- All-star caliber player. Could win 18+ games and put up 200k's this year.

These are the guys i got my money on for this season.

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX
i would throw adrain gonzalez out there, but it seems like he has broken out and nobody has noticed. Still one of the most underrated players out there hobby wise...

I would say if he puts up monster numbers or moves to a bigger market team, people might take notice...

-Jacob

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
jacobbocce72 said:
i would throw adrain gonzalez out there, but it seems like he has broken out and nobody has noticed. Still one of the most underrated players out there hobby wise...

I would say if he puts up monster numbers or moves to a bigger market team, people might take notice...

-Jacob

Great pick. I've always wondered why he gets no love.

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
Andy LaRoche-I could see him having a .250, 22 HR, 75 RBI year.
Billy Butler-I could see Butler having a .275, 20 HR, 75 RBI year.
Although they'll both probably only end up with about 15 home runs and 60 RBI each.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
This guy

heroesautopatch39of50.jpg

lvdan

Aug 25, 2008
If Dukes stays out of trouble he could explode, Not sure what exactly makes a "prospect" but Kendry Morales is setting up for a nice post-hype season. And for dark horse maybe Ubaldo ?

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
lvdan said:
If Dukes stays out of trouble he could explode, Not sure what exactly makes a "prospect" but Kendry Morales is setting up for a nice post-hype season. And for dark horse maybe Ubaldo ?

Morales is a good one. Remember when his SPx blew up the first time around?

lvdan

Aug 25, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
lvdan said:

Morales is a good one. Remember when his SPx blew up the first time around?

yeah, I had a SPA gold/10 that I think I lost 50 bucks on and it could have been worse(it sold higher than I expected about a year ago)

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
not because i collect him or anything but i think mike pelfrey is going to put up really good numbers this year enough to break out

16-18 wins with under 3.25 era. im gonna track all of his starts this year so ill def. follow up on this

also, justin verlander

dave

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts