Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Future Value: Metal Draft versus Valiant.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Does anybody think one of these will retain a higher value than the other? Mathematically speaking, shouldn't Metal have a higher value than Valiant simply because of the price point/how many autographs per box? I think it is obvious that Valiant is more aesthetically pleasing, so I guess I can understand if it would have a higher value in the future. I know that they will not hold up to Chrome (unfortunately) but they are the first cards of some of the most sought after prospects.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I think that for this year Valiant will get a premium over Metal. In the future, assuming Brian does both sets next year, I think it would be a good idea to differentiate them a bit more, and would be surprised if he does not do so.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
I think in the long run Valiant will hold a higher value. Based on looks.

Yeah you get more in Valiant boxes, a few more. That only helps the initial box breaker. After that the market sets the price and not one is scarcer than the other so looks prevail. imo.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I'd say the Supers in Metal will be more desired over time than the Reds from Valiant, but base vs base would give the edge to Valiant.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I must be the only one who thinks Metal looks better than Valiant. When I got my first Valiant, it was really a let down as it doesn't shine bright like the original Crusades. The two sets are way too similar and I believe the values will be the same in the long run.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
bear0555 said:
I must be the only one who thinks Metal looks better than Valiant. When I got my first Valiant, it was really a let down as it doesn't shine bright like the original Crusades. The two sets are way too similar and I believe the values will be the same in the long run.

I think the fact that the base refracts in Valiant is the plus to it. The base cards in Metal are kind of dull in comparison.

Members online

Latest posts